Chief Communications Officer
EVERFI, Inc. is the leading education technology company that provides learners of all ages education for the real world, through innovative and scalable digital learning. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified over 24 million learners in critical skill areas. Some of America’s leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, TPG Growth, and The Rise Fund. The EVERFI Education Network powers thousands of partners in their education initiatives, including numerous Fortune 100 companies, the biggest sports leagues in the world, leading foundations, and more. Our team consists of passionate employees across the US and Canada who thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
EVERFI is looking for a Chief Communications Officer to lead all aspects of Public Relations and Communications strategy and execution. This experienced leader will drive awareness of EVERFI and heighten its profile with partners and key stakeholders through integrated communications initiatives and earned media strategies deployed on a national scale.
Reporting to the Global Chief Marketing Officer, s/he will lead a team of communications professionals and agency resources to drive the management of a comprehensive corporate communication strategy, corporate and vertical messaging, social media engagement, media relations, executive communications, brand stewardship (awards and recognition) and media impact reporting program.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional communications, media, and PR skills as well as having a solid corporate marketing background and a track record of developing and implementing successful communications and marketing strategies—ideally in a corporate or agency setting. Excellent managerial skills and a preference for fast-paced, dynamic working environments are equally essential.
- Own all internal and external communications efforts across the company, while also partnering closely with the Investor Relations function on industry analyst coverage.
- Develop and implement an integrated internal and external communications plan that advances EVERFI’s brand identity and drives awareness of our education software and networks.
- Manage all aspects of communication, including M&A, product launches, and significant corporate events.
- Develop the strategy for and manage the execution of a comprehensive system of goals, objectives and KPIs across the business, including for each vertical unit.
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding EVERFI’s special events, public announcements, and other projects.
- Serve as communications advisor to EVERFI senior leadership.
- Provide advocacy for EVERFI’s internal programs, support people initiatives, and diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting materials as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 15+ years of experience working in senior leadership positions in the field of Marketing Communications including promotion of programs and sales/fundraising initiatives.
- Proven experience and capacity to lead a complex communications operation that supports global programs and a network of corporate, foundation and public-sector partners.
- Experience leading an in-house corporate communications function and building a professional, highly engaged and results-oriented team.
- Demonstrated experience as a highly effective manager; a team player with extremely well-developed communication skills; a hard worker, flexible and creative in accomplishing assignments, and a person of the highest personal integrity.
- Collaborative leadership and management experience that can be applied effectively in a growing organization.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, storytelling and computer skills (Mac OS, Google Suite and MS Office products)
- Experience working in a sales driven organization is very important.
- Public company experience and/or experience working with the investor community preferred.
- Advanced degree in business, marketing, communications public relations, or related field preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed within the United States, Canada and potentially other overseas markets.
- Competitive base salary, company bonus plan, 401k with company match, and equity plan
- Health, dental, & vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off program
- Opportunity to work with talented people who also have fun in the workplace
This full-time position will be based at EVERFI HQ in Washington, DC.
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
Back to top