Accounts Payable & Expense Analyst
EVERFI, Inc. is the leading education technology company that provides learners of all ages education for the real world, through innovative and scalable digital learning. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified over 16 million learners in critical skill areas. Some of America’s leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, TPG Growth, and The Rise Fund. The EVERFI Education Network powers thousands of partners in their education initiatives, such as The White House, NFL and MLB, Pharrell Williams, and many more. Our team consists of passionate employees across the US and Canada who thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
We are currently hiring an Accounts Payable & Expense Analyst in our Washington, DC headquarters. This key member of the controller’s organization will be responsible for timely and accurate payments as well as analysis of spend. They will assist the senior manager of accounts payable in implementing a procurement process, streamlining accounts payable processes, and digitizing payments. The individual must have excellent communications skills, including the ability to respond to issues both within the organization and, if needed, to vendors.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Manage accounts payable inbox, prioritizing invoices appropriately and communicating with vendors and internal business owners
- Analyze all submitted requests for payment, verifying documentation, account numbers, and authorized approval
- Enter approved invoices in the accounting system, ensuring invoices are recorded correctly by code and department
- Assist in employee expense report auditing and processing
- Organize and maintain all AP files, such as invoices and vendor information, in electronic filing system
- Create a clear audit trail by maintaining AP files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Assist in the implementation of electronic 1099 system
- Archive and maintain prepaid and fixed asset invoices on a monthly basis
- Participate in monthly corporate credit card reconciliation
- Perform other AP duties as assigned and required
- Drive process to minimize payments by check
Desired skills, experience, and qualifications:
- BA in Business Management, Accounting or related discipline preferred
- 2-3 years experience in Accounts Payable role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Office with advanced excel experience; experience using Net Suite and Expensify or equivalent systems a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to think outside the box and work in a team environment
- Self-Starter and attention to detail
- Oral and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all interactions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and excellent customer service skills
- Competitive base salary, 401k match, & equity plan
- Unlimited paid time off program
- Health, dental, & vision coverage
- Generous parental leave policy
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
- Casual work environment and a sweet open office in Georgetown
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Back to top