Software Engineer II
- Frimley, United Kingdom
CNL, an Everbridge company is looking for a talented Software Engineer to be based in Camberley, UK.
As a Software Engineer, you will be strong contributor to our cross-functional agile development team to ensure the features are delivered to customers that help save lives. You will be a part of our integrated physical security platform with the mission to keep people safe and operations running faster.
Why we do what we do?
We provide solutions to help governments and businesses keep people safe by integrating with their physical security infrastructure into a single platform. The simple act of integrating these devices gives our customer incredible situational awareness within a single user interface to help them react, monitor, and protect the things they care about from the things they worry about. We are trusted to integrate and protect:
· Government buildings
· Rail, sea and air transport hubs
· Corporate and business headquarters
· National critical infrastructure
· Law enforcement departments
· Smart cities
What you"ll do:
- Agile cross-functional development team – designing, developing, testing features as a team.
- Developing our Windows based client and server solutions that integrate edge hardware devices into a situational aware platform for our customers. Examples of the different types of problems we ask the development team to solve:
- We primarily focus on .Net 4.5+ C# implementations and regularly integrate with functional library frameworks.
- We have continuous integration with TFS including unit testing, selenium-based GUI testing and static analysis.
o Displaying geospatial tracking data
o Displaying geospatially aware smart city data
o Displaying geospatial tracking data
o Saving video feed snapshots
o Dynamic near real-time event processing
o Video overlay integration
o Access control management
o Distributed site infrastructure management
What you"ll bring:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience as a professional software engineer (commercial/open source)
- Confident with C# .Net 4.5+ Skills and sustained experience in WPF and WCF Services, particularly in multi-threaded/multi-node environments
- Great contributor to cross-functional agile development team
- Interest in solving complex problems that help keep people safe
- Want to design solutions and can explain it across skill levels
- Eager to own feature work and be involved in the detail of across a feature’s lifecycle
- Strong experience on Windows platforms (Desktop and Servers)
- Experience in large code-base products or enterprise grade software
- Strong API Design Experience
- Hardware integration/API experience
- MS SQL Server experience (other database experience SQL or otherwise would also be interest)
- Experience with concurrent distributed systems
- Experience with SIL standards
- Web development experience, particularly with MVVM based frameworks
- Interest or experience in near real time computing/communication
- Full stack development experience
Nice to have:
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Back to top