- Frimley, United Kingdom
CNL, an Everbridge company is looking for a talented Software Engineer to be based in Camberley, UK.
As a Software Engineer, you will be strong contributor to our cross-functional agile development team to ensure the features are delivered to customers that help save lives. You will be a part of our integrated physical security platform with the mission to keep people safe and operations running faster.
Why we do what we do?
We provide solutions to help governments and businesses keep people safe by integrating with their physical security infrastructure into a single platform. The simple act of integrating these devices gives our customer incredible situational awareness within a single user interface to help them react, monitor, and protect the things they care about from the things they worry about. We are trusted to integrate and protect:
· Government buildings
· Rail, sea and air transport hubs
· Corporate and business headquarters
· National critical infrastructure
· Law enforcement departments
· Smart cities
What you"ll do:
- Agile cross-functional development team – designing, developing, testing features as a team.
- Developing our Windows based client and server solutions that integrate edge hardware devices into a situational aware platform for our customers. Examples of the different types of problems we ask the development team to solve:
- We primarily focus on .Net 4.5+ C# implementations and regularly integrate with functional library frameworks.
- We have continuous integration with TFS including unit testing, selenium-based GUI testing and static analysis.
o Displaying geospatial tracking data
o Displaying geospatially aware smart city data
o Displaying geospatial tracking data
o Saving video feed snapshots
o Dynamic near real-time event processing
o Video overlay integration
o Access control management
o Distributed site infrastructure management
What you"ll bring:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience as a professional software engineer (commercial/open source)
- Confident with C# .Net 4.5+ Skills and sustained experience in WPF and WCF Services, particularly in multi-threaded/multi-node environments
- Great contributor to cross-functional agile development team
- Interest in solving complex problems that help keep people safe
- Want to design solutions and can explain it across skill levels
- Eager to own feature work and be involved in the detail of across a feature’s lifecycle
- Strong experience on Windows platforms (Desktop and Servers)
- Experience in large code-base products or enterprise grade software
- Strong API Design Experience
- Hardware integration/API experience
- MS SQL Server experience (other database experience SQL or otherwise would also be interest)
- Experience with concurrent distributed systems
- Experience with SIL standards
- Web development experience, particularly with MVVM based frameworks
- Interest or experience in near real time computing/communication
- Full stack development experience
Nice to have:
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Want to know more about one of the fastest growing SaaS companies...? One that’s not only a great place to work but does something amazing, SAVES LIVES..!!
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 1100+ dedicated employees support over 5200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active assailant situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
· 25% of the FTSE 100
· 8 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
· 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
· 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
· 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
· Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Back to top