Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions is currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer to be based in our Bangalore office.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will provide a focus for technical decision making, and an identifiable leader for the team and wider product area and ensure the features are delivered to customers that help save lives. You will be a part of our integrated physical security platform with the mission to keep people safe and operations running faster.
What you will be involved in
- Lead an agile cross-functional development team – designing, developing, testing features as a team.
- Working with Engineering Managers, Product Owners, Architects and QA Engineers the successful Technical Lead will share responsibility for feasibility, requirements, design, development, quality and delivery of the product features.
- To coach & mentor software engineers, encouraging best practices, standards and continuous improvement of practices & processes there by building a world-class engineering team.
- Developing our Windows based client and server solutions that integrate edge hardware devices into a situational aware platform for our customers. Examples of the different types of problems we ask the development team to solve:
- Displaying geospatially aware smart city data
- Displaying geospatial tracking data
- Saving video feed snapshots
- Dynamic near real-time event processing
- Video overlay integration
- Access control management
- Distributed site infrastructure management
- We primarily focus on .Net 4.5+ C# implementations and regularly integrate with functional library frameworks.
- We have continuous integration with TFS including unit testing, selenium-based GUI testing and static analysis.
What you will bring
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 12 years of experience as a professional software engineer (commercial/open source)
- At least 2 years of experience as a Technical Lead/Lead Developer
- Brings a range of software development and delivery experience
- Experience leading a cross-functional agile development team
- Interest in solving complex problems that help keep people safe
- Want to design solutions and can explain it across skill levels
- Eager to own feature work and be involved in the detail of across a feature’s lifecycle
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Stack (C# .Net 4.5+, .Net Core, SQL Server) Skills and sustained experience in WPF and WCF Services, particularly in multi-threaded/multi-node environments
- Experience in large code-base products or enterprise-grade software
What would also be nice
- Previous experience managing a development team
- Strong experience on Windows platforms (Desktop and Servers)
- Strong API Design Experience
- Hardware integration/API experience
- NOSQL experience
- Experience using Containers(Docker)
- Jira and Confluence
- Experience with concurrent distributed systems
- Experience with SIL standards
- Web development experience, particularly with MVVM based frameworks
- Interest or experience in near real time computing/communication
- Full stack development experience
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.