International Government Affairs Manager
- London, United Kingdom
Everbridge: the leading global provider of public alerting, critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking an International Government Affairs Manager to be based in our London office.
Reporting to the VP International Marketing, as InternationalGovernment Affairs Manager you will work with the Public Warning team based in Oslo, Norway and the corporate communications team based in Boston, MA to shape the external policy environment across key target countries in the International region (EMEA, APAC, LATAM) to support the growth of our Public Warning business.
The Everbridge Public Warning Platform is the world’s leading solution for population alerting with over 3500 deployments including 13 countries. Everbridge is uniquely positioned to support countries managing their way through the current Coronavirus pandemic and capitalise on changes in legislation, such as the EECC regulations that stipulate all EU member states must have a public warning system in place by 2022 that uses mobile phone technology.
The role requires deep understanding of government entities, political affairs, public policy and industry affairs in order to position Everbridge as the No.1 choice for public warning.
What you'll do:
- Develop, maintain and share an excellent understanding of the public alerting industry, the products, competitors and developments in political and legislative communities and country policies;
- Identify and interpret opportunities and challenges for Everbridge products to align to country-specific alerting use cases that help stimulate commercial discussions;
- Develop policy positions aimed at favouring Everbridge products and services;
- Become a subject matter expert and evangelist for public alerting and seek out opportunities to promote Everbridge key messages through press interviews, speaking opportunities and written contributions to influential titles and journals;
- Use your knowledge and insights to help the sales team craft country-specific propositions to drive engagements and influence decisions on public warning solutions;
- Help identify and respond to consultations on behalf of the business to articulate policy positions;
- Develop your own trust-based relationships with targeted high level stakeholders relevant to the Everbridge business such as government officials, regulators, phone networks, pressure groups, senior health and emergency services officials;
- Help create and manage an advisory board to engage with key contacts in target countries and help educate on Everbridge’s market leading position and unique ability to help countries manage the Coronavirus pandemic;
- Work with the global PR agency to establish and maintain relationships with key influential journalist in each target country and secure coverage in key titles that touch a majority of government leaders across Europe and the other key regions;
What you'll bring:
- Degree level education with 7yrs+ experience in government relations, regulatory affairs and public policy.
- Expertise in technology or mobile communication public policy preferred.
- Experience in EU and further international procurement of new solutions a strong plus.
- Fluency in languages including English
- Existing network of contacts at influential levels of government
- Proven ability to influence commercial outcomes from government affairs work
- Excellent written and verbal skills with an ability to communicate at different stakeholder levels both internal and external
- Strong business acumen, influencing and negotiation skills
- A proactive, self-starter and a strong team player capable of collaborating with cross functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects to a high standard in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with providing tangible, metric-based performance updates to the business
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 1100+ dedicated employees support over 5,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform and public warning solution to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Back to top