Software QA Engineer
Hear from the Mendoza Engineering team. We are a people-focused organization. Engineers help each other, work on problems together, mentor each other, fail together, and actively develop their careers. The people that thrive are the ones that are most interested in challenging themselves to learn new things and take on new responsibilities. Learn more about the team from some of our engineers
As a Quality Assurance Engineer on the Feature QA team, you will work with engineering teams to lead all aspects of quality within the project development lifecycle. Some of the projects that you may contribute to include: helping teams to plan successful projects and identify risks through test plans, improving the process of identifying, escalating and ultimately resolving customer pain points, triaging inbound customer defect reports and helping our team understand priority relative to our current initiatives, and testing newly developed code as the last line of defense before it is released to our customers.
- Ensure that our released code is of an extremely high quality
- Partner with your engineering feature team to write and execute test plans
- File bugs, and communicate with the team about quality issues
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Advocate for our customer needs with team leads
- Expand our end-to-end automated test coverage
- Interact with Sales and Support to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- Teach and share quality best practices and product expertise with the team
- Work with the broader Engineering and Product Management teams to identify high-impact issues
THE SKILL SET
- 1-3 years of experience, entry-level role in QA
- General facility with technology, able to learn new technologies quickly
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to anticipate problemsExcellent communication skills
- Commitment to quality
- A positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Extremely self-motivated; able to identify opportunities for improvement and tackle them
- Programming experience a plus but not required
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Back to top