Software Engineer - SEO
Search Engine Optimization is important for all sites, but at Eventbrite it’s critical to our business. Our event pages are created by our organizers, and our ability to surface the events to relevant people across all search platforms is central to our product offering and one of Eventbrite’s key advantages for our customers. Our SEO team is looking for a talented engineer who wants to make a direct and measured impact on our business as a whole. This person would be responsible for solving full-stack SEO related problems.
Our SEO team is looking to broaden our impact on the business by continuing to invest in building best-in-class SEO engineering organization. One thing you should know: we're a people-focused organization. Engineers help each other, work on problems together, mentor each other, fail together, and actively develop their careers. Weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. Learn more about the team from some of our engineers or read about how Eventbrite approaches SEO on the Engineering Blog.
THE TECH STACK:
Our primary stack is Python and Django, all running on Amazon AWS with a MySQL backend. Some of the other tools that we use are ElasticSearch, Backbone, Sass, Git, Backbone, React and an endless supply of coffee.
As an SEO Engineer at Eventbrite, you will touch all layers of our code, work with our Marketing and Product teams, and make a huge impact in Eventbrite's business by helping grow organic traffic as we grow the team.
THE SKILL SET
- Experience building applications in a mainstream programming language: Python, PHP, Ruby, C#, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience using some form of web framework: Django, Symphony, Rails, ASP.net, etc.
- You care about making sure your code is maintainable and well tested.
- You bring knowledge of TDD (and BDD) and do it in your day to day
- A result driven self starter with great communication and collaboration skills, we put a lot of emphasis on being team players
- Willing to solve problems in all stages of web development e.g.
- Frontend and Backend
- Passion to learn and to teach/mentor others
- Firm grasp of search engine algorithms and crawlers, and/or a strong interest in learning and building SEO expertise
- High level knowledge of information architecture and link hierarchy is desired
- Experience using Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics or other web analytics and SEO tooling is a plus
- Ability to develop and maintain applications with a library of SEO tags and markup and preserve content optimization and link equity through intelligent routing
- Desire to work closely with the SEO manager and the team to help define and set priorities of the cross-functional SEO team's roadmap
- Eagerness to collaborate with engineers from other teams to implement features across multiple areas of the code base
- Interest in staying up-to-date on the latest SEO trends
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
Is this role not an exact fit? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our Engineering team.
Back to top