Software Engineer - Python/Django
Last year at Eventbrite organizers created 3 million events and we processed 150 million tickets. Behind all of those tickets and events is a number of teams working together to keep our product scalable and available as we grow. Our goal is to be the global platform for live experiences.
We opened our Madrid office recently, merging with Ticketea, a local company, and we are looking to grow our amazing southeast engineering team.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and committing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software. Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
THE SKILL SET
- 2+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language, ideally Python
- 1+ years of experience with a web framework, ideally Django
- 1+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- You have knowledge about designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing maintainable code
- Ability to take initiative and produce results with great communication and collaboration skills
- Passion to learn and to mentor others
- English and Spanish conversational to advanced level
- Experience using non-relational databases like Elasticsearch and Redis
- Comfortable developing in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience working with modern frontend frameworks like React, Vue.js, or Backbone.js
- Experience being on a scrum team and/or is a scrum master
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A Company focus on talent development
- Eventbrite full compensation & Perks plan.
- Share options (your piece of EB pie!).
- Health & Wellness Program.
- Remote work policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Profesional development & training paths.
- English speaking company.
- International Career options.
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let's make it happen’ mentality.
- Team lunches and team offsites.
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours.
- A family-friendly environment.
- Monthly Lunch vouchers
- Travel options to meet with your colleagues in San Francisco and other offices around the globe.
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice to understand how we process your personal information when you apply for a job with us.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Back to top