Software Engineer - iOS
At Eventbrite we tackle tough problems. We learn, grow, and have fun in the process. Eventbrite’s Engineering team enjoy facing challenges as individuals, but we are also eager to collaborate and share our knowledge to drive the product forward. We perform weekly demos of the code we ship, hone our skills through code reviews, and want to tell the world about it. We believe in the value of community, self-development and the power of live experiences.
We are committed to building an amazing experiences for our users, thus we only ship the highest quality applications focusing on the detail of every interaction. Our applications power businesses of all sizes, from smaller conferences to massive international food, film, and music festivals. Performance is critical; we must have a high level of confidence around every release and know that it will perform, to guarantee the seamless experience that users expect from an Eventbrite powered event.
As a Software Engineer you will collaborate with product, design and other engineers to formulate and implement solutions to various problems. While we have a group of Mobile engineers at Eventbrite, this role would collaborate specifically with the teams in Music Business Unit to expose features in mobile applications. We work iteratively to always have a shippable product that adds incremental value to our users. We value quality, hard work and initiative problem solving.
THE TECH STACK
We primarily use Swift to build our iOS apps and frameworks. We strive for high-quality releases, write tests and use continuous integration. We try to build reusable and maintainable components and encourage contribution to open source projects.
THE SKILL SET
- 2+ years of professional iOS development experience
- Experience shipping one or more native iOS apps to the App Store
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C, and the iOS SDK
- Experience building applications that talk to RESTful web services
- Understanding of software design patterns and architectural principles
- Thrive on solving problems
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Experience with multi-threading and understanding of memory management
- Database experience using Core Data, SQLite or equivalent
- Attention to quality through unit tests, automation scripts, and code reviews
- Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
- Passion and drive to build sustainable systems that lay the foundation for rapid innovation
- Experience building frameworks in Swift/Objective-C using the iOS SDK
- Understanding of Swift and Objective-C interoperability
- Experience building Android applications
- API design
- Active contributor to open source software
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top