Last year at Eventbrite organizers created 3 million events and we processed 150 million tickets. Behind all of those tickets and events is a number of teams working together to keep our product scalable and available as we grow. The Segment Services team is responsible for a number of the core services that help make Eventbrite successful, and we want you to be a part of that success.
Our team is responsible for the APIs and services that our organizers depend upon. We have a few core services that are our primary responsibility, but we also work closely with other teams to help them meet their needs and goals. Getting to work this team means getting to touch a wide array of the pieces that make up Eventbrite. You can learn more about the team from some of our engineers.
In this role you’ll work closely with a small team of bright, dedicated engineers improving some of our most core services, and providing valuable feedback to the rest of the company about the work they’re doing against these services. In addition to that, you’ll develop features and APIs needed by other feature teams to meet their goals. This role will be instrumental in making the Eventbrite experience a good one for our organizers and customers.
THE TECH STACK
Eventbrite’s primary tech stack is Python, Django, and MySQL, all running on AWS, and this is the main sandbox we play in. However, because this team interfaces with many other teams, there’s potential to many other pieces of our broader tech stack (Redis, Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch, etc).
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language: Python, PHP, Ruby, C#, C++, Java, etc.
- 2+ years of experience using some form of web framework: Django, Symphony, Rails, ASP.net, etc.
- 2+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing dependable code
- You care about making sure your code is maintainable and well tested
- You bring knowledge of TDD and do it in your day to day
- A result driven self starter with great communication and collaboration skills, we put a lot of emphasis on being team players
- Passion to learn and to teach/mentor others
- You have knowledge of microservices and/or Service Oriented Architecture
- You have experience working with modern frontend frameworks: React, Backbone/Marionette, etc
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt