At Eventbrite, we aim to deliver groundbreaking event organizer tools and attendee experiences globally. Design is at the heart of our mission and our User Experience Architects lead the way by discovering and understanding human behaviors, goals, and motivations. We use those insights to craft a clear vision of the future through bold, visionary design solutions and systems.
The Eventbrite Design team is a centralized, multi-disciplinary group of Designers and Researchers who work across product groups. We are specialists within our individual products, as well as generalists across the Eventbrite platform. Partnering with Product Managers, Engineers and other Designers, we conceptualize and craft designs for features that will have a major impact across our ecosystem of products.
You are a fierce advocate for the user, and are obsessed with creating elegantly simple user experiences from complex workflows. You’ll bring these skills to bear by collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers and other Designers to take on meaningful and intellectually-satisfying projects. You’ll participate in all stages of product design, validating business needs and identifying user needs through research, influencing product strategy, crafting a compelling vision, inventing comprehensive UX systems and inspiring teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Lead a substantial portion of early-stage project work where pathways are not always obvious; this includes identifying target user personas, creating a user research plan and conducting research, guiding strategy, developing design specifications and creating interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other Designers to develop visionary strategies for the live event space, and establish relationships with Product and Engineering to bring that vision to life
- Work on feature upgrades that unlock new possibilities for our users
- Critique peer design work to help ensure we are solving the right problem, and crafting solutions in the most effective way
- Exercise your passion for good design
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years relevant design and user research experience; bonus for experience working on consumer-facing iOS and Android native apps
- A portfolio showing your strengths
- Strong design thinking and facilitation skills
- Ability to clearly set and juggle priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Excellent communication and partnering skills
- Self-aware teammate with highly developed emotional intelligence
- Degree in Design, Behavioral Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Design Strategy or related field
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records