Experimentation and Innovation are critical to Eventbrite. As our platform continues to grow and develop, we are seeking a creative software engineer to use a variety of technologies in the development of new and existing product innovation.
Eventbrite has a development office in Villena, Alicante, a quiet place where you can express yourself as engineer creating world class products. A unique opportunity in the south east of Spain that combines the Mediterranean living standards with the opportunity of working for a Silicon Valley company.
You’ll be joining an exceptionally talented and experienced team focusing on further demonstrating the feasibility and possibility of internal ideation through the development of rapid prototypes and minimum viable products. We're also a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily.
This is a unique opportunity to influence both the future of the business and the industry in a huge way.
As a part of the R&D team, you’ll help shape the future of Eventbrite by building new product offerings. You’ll work closely with the Head of R&D, product owners, designers and fellow engineers to create prototypes and minimum viable products. You will also build tooling to allow creation to happen faster. You’ll join a safe environment to ask questions and constructively suggest whether there is a better way to do something. You will provide positive feedback and code reviews to your teammates. When given the opportunity you’ll happily talk to customers.
You should love being on the bleeding edge of bringing new solutions to market that the world has never seen before. You should thrive on going from 0 to 1, from whiteboard to launched product offering, and not waiting to see what the future holds, but instead inventing it as part of this small team. You should not be risk averse or fear failure, but be able to leverage a combination of technical skills, personal conviction, and curiosity to constantly push in what ends up hopefully being the right direction.
THE SKILL SET
- 2+ years of proven work experience successfully building web applications
- Proficiency in Python, Django/Flask and MySQL
- Comfort with the balancing act of rapidly building prototypes and minimum viable products while simultaneously creating readable, testable and maintainable code
- Passionate about emerging technologies, and a desire to lead the team to adopt technologies for the right reasons
- Strong desire to collaborate on building tools to improve the developer experience
- Proven ability to respectfully influence architectural and technical decisions
- English and Spanish conversational to advanced level
- Familiarity with building mobile applications
- Experience with working in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A Company focus on talent development
- Eventbrite full compensation & Perks plan.
- Share options (your piece of EB pie!).
- Health & Wellness Program.
- Remote work policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Profesional development & training paths.
- English speaking company.
- International Career options.
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let's make it happen’ mentality.
- Team lunches and team offsites.
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours.
- A family-friendly environment.
- Monthly Lunch vouchers
- Travel options to meet with your colleagues in San Francisco and other offices around the globe.
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice
to understand how we process your personal information when you apply for a job with us.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.