Senior Security Engineer
Our customers depend on us to establish confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information processing systems because these systems power their businesses. Eventbrite facilitates the processing of billions of dollars annually, making infosec a critical business function and central to how we’ve built our rapidly growing business.
Eventbrite Security is responsible for all aspects of information security across the enterprise, including Web and Mobile application security, Security Awareness Training, Policy and Compliance, and a host of things in the middle. We’re charged with building the foundations that help protect the company’s information and our customer’s data.
We’re looking for a Senior Security Engineer to take ownership of security initiatives, business unit and subsidiary project consultation, architecture, vendor reviews, and risk assessments. You will assess threats and vulnerabilities, analyze data and code, define measurable objectives, and drive implementations and solutions. You will also be responsible for building and implementing testing tools and methodologies, including manual and automated processes, deployment, and monitoring.
This role also includes mentoring of junior members on the team and other engineering staff, and research into the viability of tools for use in the DevSecOps workflows (such as key management, crypto, data sanitization, etc).
THE TECH STACK
- HAProxy + nginx and Python/Django + uwsgi
- Frontend frameworks including React/Redux, Marionette, and Backbone
- Frontend tooling including Webpack, Grunt, and Yarn
- Templating systems including Mako and Handlebars
- Data layers including MySQL, Cassandra, Redis and Memcached
- DevOps tooling like Docker, Jenkins, Vault, and Consul
- AWS infrastructure including EC2, ECR, and VPC
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years of experience with security engineering in e-commerce, internet, or social networking settings
- Strong knowledge of UNIX operating systems
- Advanced programming abilities in Python or similar programming language
- Extensive knowledge of web application security, browser security models, and application security vulnerabilities such as the OWASP Top Ten
- Mastery of security principles including confidentiality and integrity of data, authentication and authorization protocols, and other cryptographic protocols
- Deep understanding of network attacks, DDoS, Phishing, email protocols/security/spam, encryption, authentication, logging and log analysis, IP and device reputation, and security rules and policies
- Hands-on expertise operating in a cloud-based environment such as Amazon EC2
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- Mobile application security expertise
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice to understand how we process your personal information when you apply for a job with us.
Back to top