Senior Product Designer - Platform
At Eventbrite, our mission is to empower people through live experiences. Whether through attending your favorite concert or hosting a conference, events can be transformative. They can also be pretty complicated. As a product for anyone in the world, it shouldn’t be. Eventbrite is looking for a Product Designer on our Platform team to help drive efficiency across the company, grow the business internationally and inspire innovative thinking for our users
We are a centralized design team that values partnering with Product Managers and Engineers to make a positive impact on our user's lives and business. To that end, we embed within business teams so we can specialize in getting to know our users and focus on our products. We care deeply about our design craft and value constructive design feedback as an opportunity to improve and keep growing. We believe in engaging with the professional community, participating in regular programs and events with some of the most influential professionals in in design.
The Platform design team is focused on opportunities that accelerate growth and efficiency in Eventbrite. You will be responsible for creating Eventbrite’s design system across our web and native products. As an advocate for consistency, you will partner with other designers across Eventbrite to build efficient, accessible and delightful experiences by communicating best practices and guidelines. You will also be responsible for the payments and transactional systems that manage millions of transactions across Eventbrite’s global product. An important part of our value to our organizers is enabling them to easily sell tickets, manage orders, access their funds quickly, and get the reporting that they need to run their businesses.
- Be an owner and advocate for Eventbrite's design system
- Implement and iterate on processes and guidelines that create efficiency and value across Eventbrite globally
- Shape the future of payments at Eventbrite by defining strategy and executing on it
- Inspire teams with innovative solutions and opportunities that help cross-functional teams
- Deliver project work, from research through creation of design specifications
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and “just work” for our users
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across our entire product ecosystem
THE SKILL SET
- Strong portfolio showcasing real live work and your design process
- 5-8 years of professional design experience
- A user-centered approach to designing software and services for people
- Experience creating and implementing design systems, including documentation, guidelines and other best practices
- Knowledge and experience designing for WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines
- Experience designing for assistive technologies (JAWS, VoiceOver, etc)
- Deep understanding and up to date experience with modern web application technologies, including responsive web and native iOS/Android app design
- Excellent storytelling skills to present and communicate your work
- Self-aware teammate with highly developed emotional intelligence
- Ability to clearly set and juggle priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Excellent communication skills, including prior experience communicating to senior-level executives
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team and read about our Brand Summit.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top