Senior Product and Privacy Counsel
In the last decade, Eventbrite has grown from a small US company to a complex NYSE-listed global business, with operations in over 186 countries and 10 offices worldwide. Accompanying this exciting growth is any number of complex regulations and laws impacting, among others, ticketing, commercial business dealings, payment services, ecommerce, privacy and IP that challenge our day to day operations.
The Eventbrite Legal and Policy team partners with all areas of the business to develop strategies and solutions that drive business growth while satisfying legal requirements and proactively accounting for appropriate legal risk. We provide counsel on matters across the globe with teams focused on commercial contracts, privacy, regulatory and product compliance, employment, litigation, corporate, securities, public policy including government affairs, and content policy.
As a senior member of the legal department’s Product and Policy team, you’ll oversee our global privacy and regulatory efforts. You’ll become a business enabler across Eventbrite collaborating closely with product management, data, design and engineering to develop new products and solutions. You’ll guide product development and privacy programs across Eventbrite’s global business and will see your impact immediately as we bring products to market.
- Lead Eventbrite’s recently launched global data privacy program across North and South America, Europe and Australia localizing practices and addressing geo-specific regulations such as the CCPA or Brazil’s General Data Protection Law
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of our product offering in order to advise on local and international laws and regulations dealing with consumer protection, payments, e-commerce, IP, tax, marketing, privacy and security
- Support M&A transactions and/or financing transactions, including post-close integration efforts
- Keep Eventbrite at the forefront of the evolving regulatory landscape by staying up to date with peer company best practices and global regulation
- Lead or assist with various compliance efforts e.g. PCI, SOX, GDPR, PSD2
- Advise and educate Eventbrite leadership and conduct trainings on certain regulations (e.g., GDPR impact to various teams)
- Participate in strategic planning and budgeting exercises for the Product and Privacy function of the legal team
THE SKILL SET
- 7-10+ years of combined legal experience at a global law firm and/or in-house legal department of a technology company
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple direct reports
- Active participation in legal team planning and budgeting
- Motivated by continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing, drafting and implementing compliance related policies
- Creative and practical legal counselor who can communicate information accurately and completely, while being concise and digestible for executive leadership
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills necessary to analyze regulatory requirements, product limitations, and the effectiveness of proposed resolutions
- Collaborative team player with an ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to offer both practical and theoretical advice demonstrating knowledge of the product and good business instincts
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; flexibility and adaptability in the workplace
- Demonstrated passion for the work and excitement to jump in
- Experience with:
- GDPR implementation
- Payment Processing Regulations
- Open Source licenses and contribution
- Active Eventbrite user that enjoys live events
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top