Mobile Software Engineer - Android - Argentina
We are committed to building an amazing user experience that both looks and feels great, and that we’re shipping the highest quality apps possible. Our organizer apps power businesses of all sizes, from smaller conferences to massive international food, film, and music festivals. Their performance is critical; we must have a high level of confidence around every release and know that it will perform perfectly to guarantee a seamless experience for any Eventbrite powered event.
Hear from the Mendoza Engineering team. The Eventbrite Mobile team focuses on building amazing experiences for our users via our rich native iOS and Android applications. Our native applications power the event and discovery experience for both our attendee and organizer customers. We balance our development to meet the needs of our current customers, as well as pushing the bar on newer technologies to enhance the experience for both the organizers and attendees of any Eventbrite powered event. Learn more about the team from some of our engineers and meet Ariel Chiat, Engineering Manager in Mendoza.
As a Senior Mobile Software Engineer you will collaborate with product, design and other engineers to formulate and implement solutions to various needs and requirements. We work in an iterative fashion to always have a shippable product that can instantly add incremental value to our users. We value code quality and high confidence around our releases.
THE TECH STACK
We use Java and Android best practices to build our native Android applications. We leverage and contribute back to open source projects as a standard part of our development practices. We also try to build things in a reusable and maintainable way by default.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years of experience in software design and development
- Solid experience with client-side Java and the Android SDK
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals gained through Bachelor’s degree in CS, Math, Engineering or equivalent
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Database experience using SQLite or equivalent
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Understanding of software design patterns and architectural principles
- Attention to quality through unit tests, automation scripts and performance regression analysis
- Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps to Google Play
- Experience building mobile apps on other platforms
- Experience with continuous delivery on mobile, including code review, continuous integration, automation and functional testing
- Experience with iOS development
- Experience with analytics and tracking solutions such as Google Analytics
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Keen eye for user interface design and Android interface design principles
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
Back to top