Senior Manager - Sales Finance
Having spent your career to date building up a comprehensive understanding of finance, we want you to apply that knowledge to helping the operating team run the Sales business unit. You will be the key point of collaboration between Sales and Finance on all matters, from helping forecast the sales funnel from opportunity to booking to revenue. You will be the key financial problem solver for Sales, leveraging all the resources of Finance to help drive the growth of this business unit. There is little chance you will get bored, or not have an opportunity to enjoy one of the steepest learning curves known to man. Sales occupies the frontier for Eventbrite, pushing into new categories and countries, and exploring new business models. Sales works with entrepreneurs building and running music festivals, concert venues, mud runs, beer festivals, business conferences, and much more. Working in Sales across all of our organizers is a master’s class in business, and will strengthen any financial executive’s breadth of experience.
The Business Finance team at Eventbrite works closely with our business partners, as well as with the analytics and accounting teams, to analyze our metrics and financial results. Our goal is to provide truth-based, insightful, and action-oriented analysis for decision-making. We are a fast-moving team that gives structure to complicated issues, immerses ourselves in data collection, and delivers impactful insights and recommendations. Sales Finance is a newly created position responsible for uniting Sales and Finance in one cohesive strategy, creating a more efficient and effective Eventbrite as a result. For this role, we need someone who can bring a keen understanding finance to all the problems of managing and running a sales organization. The role will be to act as the finance partner for key sales executives, helping to chart the course for this growing and dynamic business unit within Eventbrite. If you enjoy ambiguous questions, gravitate towards data driven results, and want to disrupt a massive global industry, let’s talk. Meet our CFO and some other members of the Finance Team.
The Senior Manager, Sales Finance supports the sales leadership and is a partner to Sales Operations. The individual in this role will become the key Finance partner to the firm’s Chief Revenue Officer and help design the economics of the Sales business. Sales Finance will draw upon the full resources of Finance to solve business problems, coordinating operational sales issues across the entire Finance organization, and also have direct impact on the revenues of the firm by helping to shape Sales pricing strategy, as well as creating the structures around bookings that will input directly into the annual plan and quarterly reforecasts.
- Coordinate with Account Executives on bookings forecasts for new business, ensuring both accuracy and that they are value-creating deals, overseeing the implicit forecast for business with that organizer
- Be the point person for all discounting and pricing design in Sales, helping ensure that we are appropriately capturing the value we create, developing tiered and category pricing strategies
- Drive the fullest possible understanding of the balance sheet and cash flow implications of new wins, with particular attention to upfronts and advances
- Work with FP&A to design the revenue realization model for bookings
- Partner with legal in contract review to help manage client level risk, as well as develop new frameworks to better capture value from organizers
- Look at new deals, particularly large ones, with an eye toward accounting and tax
- Be the primary point of contact between Sales and Finance on items including: organizer payouts, schedule payment changes, fulfillment support, organizer performance issues, etc.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years in a finance and / or sales operations role
- Experience working at a company with a Sales organization
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience analyzing data in the technology industry
- A self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Proven track record of engaging and influencing senior executives
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing analytically rigorous initiatives
- You learn quickly and are excited to take on challenging new projects
- You are smart, self-motivated, organized, detail and process oriented
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
Is this role not an exact fit? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Back to top