There are exciting things going on behind the scenes at Eventbrite. Our product portfolio and international presence continues to grow and expand. As a result, our business has become more complex and dynamic.
Our Accounting team partners with the business and Executive leadership to continue developing an overall domestic and international tax strategy. We work through significant global tax challenges as we continue to scale. This role will have an impact on key areas of the business such as product development and legal policy to ensure that we will be at the forefront of our tax strategy and compliance challenges.
The Accounting crew works cross-functionally with Executive leaders and frontline managers across Eventbrite to develop, implement, and prefect our global accounting strategy.
As a results and action-oriented team, we give structure to complicated issues, immerse ourselves in data, and deliver impactful insights and recommendations and processes. Eventbrite is on a mission. If you enjoy ambiguous questions, gravitate towards action and results, and want to disrupt a massive industry, let's talk.
In your role as the Senior Director, Global Tax, you will lead and oversee Eventbrite’s global tax process. You will lead tax strategy and operations for all areas of business, including mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiations, tax related legal matters, systems, and strategic tax planning issues. You will also lead in developing a world-class tax function to support increased internationalization and the ever increasing & challenging external tax environment through internal and external resources. You will play a key role in developing and executing the strategic direction of critical investments in Product and Engineering to ensure compliance with current and future tax regulations. You will report directly to Eventbrite's Controller.
THE SKILL SET
- Leadership skills — capable of influencing through collaboration, consensus building and interpersonal effectiveness
- Interpersonal skills – ability to interact as a proactive strategic business partner in many functional areas to resolve complex tax issues throughout the organization
- Communication Skills — demonstrated ability to communicate with confidence complicated tax strategy and issues in clear, concise and commonsense terms, particularly with senior executives
- Solid technical skills – pragmatic, business oriented approach and ability to relate taxation issues to the "real world" of the company's operations
- Proven experience hiring and building strong technically proficient teams
- Proven experience with executing technological process improvement
- Ability to manage projects, gather facts and perform analysis independently and with a group
- Ability to evaluate tax compliance implications of business decisions
- 12+ years of related experience in global taxations with a multinational public company
- A minimum of 5 – 6 years of tax experience with a large public accounting firm preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance with Masters in Taxation preferred
- Professional accounting designation (CPA/ CA)
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records