Senior Data Architect
As a Senior Data Architect, you will be a subject-matter expert across a wide variety of data storage solutions. You will provide valuable insight and expertise to development teams to rapidly build and scale new product features and maintain one of the most complex data access solutions in the world.
The Infrastructure Team is comprised of quick and creative troubleshooters, as well as engineers who work to develop sustainable, reliable and scalable infrastructures. We’re not about rigid hierarchies or dedication to a particular IT religion. We’re about making Eventbrite.com the most performant, scalable and secure event and ticketing site on the planet. Learn more about our Engineering Team.
You will own the data systems and processes that run the business and help the Engineering and Product Teams design the data storage schema to power the next generation of products we are building. This is a fast-paced role with many different aspects from systems administration to data architecture and data warehousing. We’re looking for someone with a wide view of the data storage landscape who can apply the right solution to the problem at hand, all while being able to effectively communicate ideas and designs with other internal business and engineering partners.
- Own the high-level vision of data systems within Eventbrite
- Partner with Eventbrite Product and Engineering teams to identify their data storage needs
- Suggest optimal data schema and storage options based on the context of the problem being solved
- Identify, scope, and drive resolution to enterprise-wide data issues such as data sharding, data retention issues, purging, etc.
- Work with Eventbrite Operations to enact change
- Provide education and training opportunities to the company (technical and non-technical) regarding data access
- Enable secure, auditable systems for transparency and auditability of data access
- Identify and resolve any key technical issues directly or through Operations staff
THE TECH STACK
- Eventbrite runs out of Amazon AWS, but operate our own database storage systems within AWS. These data storage systems include:
- CDH5 (Hadoop, Impala, Hive)
- Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
THE SKILL SET
- Mastery of replication between multiple database instances
- Expert knowledge of and experience with schema design and ongoing maintenance for both transactional and reporting oriented-databases
- Experience with establishing and managing governance procedures around schema change
- 8+ years of experience with database administration, support, optimizations and monitoring
- 8+ years of design and development of extremely high volume, high availability applications and systems
- 8+ years of experience as a MySQL Administrator or Architect in a high volume, high impact transactional environment
- Experience in administration of InnoDB and MyISAM storage engines for MySQL
- Strong understanding of Linux operating system, storage solutions, networking, security and web servers
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with software, operations and QA engineers
- Experience with both eCommerce and Data Warehousing
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with multi-master replication and active-active environments
- Experience running datastores in cloud-hosted environment, specifically Amazon's EC2
- Python or similar language development experience
- Deep understanding of performance, unit and load testing instrumentation and analysis strategies
- Broad knowledge of common applications and technologies in Internet computing (web servers, app servers, database servers, load balancers etc)
- Experience being a team lead
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
Back to top