The Analytics & Data Science team works day-in and day-out to solve complex problems, build innovative models and support data-informed decision making and transparency at Eventbrite. We are committed to dedicating the same intensity to our organizers, helping them to drive their business’ forward with insightful data and analytics. As Eventbrite continues to grow, the types of questions we ask and the data we look at also grows, requiring us to work better and smarter. We are an expanding marketplace where understanding the relationship between supply and demand is the essence of what we do. Our team of creative self-starters has no problem tackling unstructured problems with a lot of independence and clearly articulating our insights to the business to drive impact.
The business decisions we make as our product grows and evolves are guided by careful analysis and compelling insights from our centralized Analytics & Data Science team. We sit in a strategic role working to make sense of our structured and unstructured customer data with sophisticated models and data mining techniques, in-depth analyses that inform business strategy and help the company make data driven decisions, and analytics support for our organizers.
We are looking for data analysts to work directly with helping the future of our Finance Team to be set up for success. You will serve as a data expert to cross-functional teams within Finance, gather data from various sources, and build automated reporting to democratize data across the company. You will provide analyses to identify opportunities and explain trends, build close partnerships with business owners to help them optimize their resources for allocation, and work with cross-functional teams to help them use insights that will direct their efforts towards the largest impact. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a high autonomy environment and is eager to hone their analytical thinking while building an understanding of our business inside and out.
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline
- 5-7 years of relevant industry experience in analytics
- Advanced SQL querying skills
- Experience using Tableau and/or other BI tools
- Experience working with large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- Highly analytical mindset--you’re critical, quantitative, inquisitive and insightful
- Entrepreneurial in nature--you’re resourceful, adaptable, and have an eye for optimization
- Experience with owning analytic projects from beginning to end
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Solid understanding of statistics and data mining skills
- Experience using R and/or Python
- Proven ability to solve ambiguous and complex data problems
- Providing technical mentorship to others on the team
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?