Senior Business Development Manager
In the near future, the majority of Eventbrite’s business will come from outside of the United States. The company is currently in a phase of strong international growth, with offices in 12 countries and having powered events in over 180 countries. In Australia, we have ambitious growth plans for the ANZ market, with the potential to enter the greater AsiaPac region. We’re looking for scrappy and fearless team members to be part of this growth story.
Joining a highly successful team, as Senior Business Development Manager you will be responsible for partnering with and advising prospects on our unique value proposition, evangelising our solution and ensuring that the broader market understands how we are shaking up the way ticketing is done.
Our Australian team is focused on continuing growth through brand awareness and marketing and targeting events where our product is a great fit to help organisers be more successful. The team is made up of three primary functions: Business Development, Marketing, and Customer Success. We’re a growing team of over 25 people, and we help each other out as we work towards our shared vision of making Eventbrite a household name when it comes to live experiences.
So, what makes working in the Business Development team at Eventbrite so exciting? We are building a best-in-class organisation comprised of motivated and talented go-getters. You’ll be working with event organisers of everything from music festivals to concert venues to complicated registrations for mud runs, beer festivals, conferences, and much more. Our horizontal platform means no one conversation with a potential client is the same. There is no script, no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative and ambitious experts in business development, and we train and invest in our smart, goal-oriented team to grow their careers here at Eventbrite.
As a Senior Business Development Manager you are responsible for driving new account business by successfully researching, prioritising, penetrating, and closing business within your assigned vertical. To be successful, you must be able to drive significant business value for prospective clients. This requires being an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organisation from the top, down. You should have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and the ability to lead a complex, multi-pronged sale in a highly consultative manner.
- Be an exceptional, active and supportive member of the Eventbrite team, both locally, and globally.
- Own the full business development cycle including planning, cold calling, qualifying, obtaining and closing new business opportunities within a specific vertical to achieve and exceed business plans.
- Engage cross functionally with Account Management, Finance, Marketing, Legal and other stakeholders (as needed) to close out deals.
- Prospect new business by identifying target customers, cold calling, direct marketing, and generating referrals.
- Understand the event creator’s key business initiatives; areas of concern; technology stack, and competitive environment, and recognise how Eventbrite solutions could be applied and articulate the business value of these solutions.
- Develop and deliver value-based solution proposals, product demonstration and presentations.
- Customise the content of pitch presentations based on audience, prospect needs, industry dynamics and more.
- Meet and exceed established business targets including calls per day, new opportunities generated, closed deals and recognised revenue.
- Manage the opportunity funnel by analysing and controlling pipeline activity in Salesforce and monitoring key activity against assigned quotas.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Develop expertise in the ticketing industry by identifying trends, market challenges, and competitive offerings in your vertical and territory.
- Collaborate with peers in the business development organisation, customers, and vendors to interpret information and improve business development processes.
- Provide superior and delightful customer service throughout the entire business development process.
THE SKILL SET
- Sales experience commensurate with a role at this level of seniority, with a record of quota over-achievement, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and grow revenue within a position of this level.
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in prospecting, identifying target customers, evaluating buyer interest, recognising decision-making processes, qualifying, creating value-based demonstrations, selling complex solutions, writing proposals, objection handling and negotiating.
- Self motivated, with a rare competitive fire and desire to win.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, Google Drive and web based presentation technology.
- Agile, ambitious and motivated to be the best at everything you do.
- Prior industry or vertical experience a plus but not required.
Eventbrite is the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform. We build the technology to allow anyone to create, share, find and attend events that fuel their passions and enrich their lives. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, air guitar competitions, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions - you name it, we power it. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. What to know more? Find out what it’s like to work for Eventbrite Australia here
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply for this position, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Back to top