Senior Business Development Manager
- Be an exceptional, active and supportive member of the Eventbrite team, both locally, and globally.
- Own the full business development cycle including planning, cold calling, qualifying, obtaining and closing new business opportunities within a specific vertical to achieve and exceed business plans.
- Engage cross functionally with Account Management, Finance, Marketing, Legal and other stakeholders (as needed) to close out deals.
- Prospect new business by identifying target customers, cold calling, direct marketing, and generating referrals.
- Understand the event creator’s key business initiatives; areas of concern; technology stack, and competitive environment, and recognise how Eventbrite solutions could be applied and articulate the business value of these solutions.
- Develop and deliver value-based solution proposals, product demonstration and presentations.
- Customise the content of pitch presentations based on audience, prospect needs, industry dynamics and more.
- Meet and exceed established business targets including calls per day, new opportunities generated, closed deals and recognised revenue.
- Manage the opportunity funnel by analysing and controlling pipeline activity in Salesforce and monitoring key activity against assigned quotas.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Develop expertise in the ticketing industry by identifying trends, market challenges, and competitive offerings in your vertical and territory.
- Collaborate with peers in the business development organisation, customers, and vendors to interpret information and improve business development processes.
- Provide superior and delightful customer service throughout the entire business development process.
THE SKILL SET
- Sales experience commensurate with a role at this level of seniority, with a record of quota over-achievement, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and grow revenue within a position of this level.
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in prospecting, identifying target customers, evaluating buyer interest, recognising decision-making processes, qualifying, creating value-based demonstrations, selling complex solutions, writing proposals, objection handling and negotiating.
- Self motivated, with a rare competitive fire and desire to win.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, Google Drive and web based presentation technology.
- Agile, ambitious and motivated to be the best at everything you do.
- Prior industry or vertical experience a plus but not required.
Meet Some of Eventbrite's Employees
Head, Category Marketing
Martina leads a team of marketing experts whose mission is to fuel growth of the millions of events on the Eventbrite platform. She oversees marketing, acquisition, and engagement initiatives across key industry verticals.
Back to top