Senior Backend Engineer
Last year at Eventbrite organizers created 3 million events and we processed 150 million tickets. Behind all of those tickets and events is a number of teams working together to keep our product scalable and available as we grow. Our goal is to be the global platform for live experiences.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and committing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software. Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
We are looking for motivated software engineers to join our backend team in Madrid. You will solve challenging technical problems, own your products end-to-end and help take the company to the next level. This isn't just an opportunity to join an amazing team, but also to have an impactful role in the way we take our platform to the next stage.
We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a senior backend engineer on the messaging team, you will build highly performant, scalable and robust APIs and related backend components that keep our complex event messaging system running smoothly, but also the necessary mechanisms that allow our microservices to communicate with each other. Senior members of the engineering team are also responsible for up-leveling the junior engineers they work with.
THE SKILL SET
- 7+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language, ideally Python
- 3+ years of experience with a web framework, ideally Django
- 3+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing maintainable code
- Ability to take initiative and produce results with great communication and collaboration skills
- Passion to learn and to mentor others
- English and Spanish conversational to advanced level
- Experience with various ESPs or experience working on large scale email systems
- Experience using non-relational databases like Elasticsearch and Redis
- Comfortable developing in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience working with modern frontend frameworks like React, Vue.js, or Backbone.js
- Experience being on a scrum team and/or is a scrum master
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A Company focus on talent development
- Eventbrite full compensation & Perks plan.
- Share options.
- Health & Wellness Program.
- Remote work policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Profesional development & training paths.
- English speaking company.
- International Career options.
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let's make it happen’ mentality.
- Team lunches and team offsites.
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours.
- Free lunch and breakfast every day.
- A family-friendly environment.
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Back to top