Senior Automation Analyst, Risk and Payments
There’s no denying it: all online marketplaces can provide opportunities for fraudsters and malicious actors. Our ability to track, record, and combat fraud at scale is a huge part of our competitive advantage. Eventbrite is growing at a massive rate, and our team is keeping up with the volume. Last year we processed $2B in transactions and over 35M paid tickets, that’s a huge exposure, and we’re charged with keeping it secure.
We are looking for an experienced Risk Analyst to join our cross-functional spam & fraud fighting efforts. Analysts on Eventbrite's Risk Team specialize in identifying fraud patterns, working on advanced automated prevention mechanisms, creating and tracking fraud & spam metric; as well as creating, insightful, accurate and data driven policies and review methodologies with an emphasis on automation. Our goal is to make things easy for our growing community of users while protecting our system from abuse and fraud.
The Risk Analytics team is a small group with diverse backgrounds. We are analysts, data scientists and engineers, with different quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Our varied experiences help us look at the same problems sets in different ways to extract real insight. Hear more about our work directly from the team.
- Design and write automated rules to prevent fraud, spam and other abuse on the platform
- Test and track rule performance
- Identify incidents and patterns of abuse using various techniques and data analysis tools
- Create and implement fraud and spam policies
- Research spam, fraud and user behavior to contribute to machine learning models, rules and other detection systems
- Collaborate with analysts, operations specialists, data scientists and engineering to create tools, rules and prevention mechanisms
- Solve complex problems by gathering and distilling web, financial, and behavioral data into actionable findings
- Maintain and improve fraud and spam metrics, as well as track, analyze and communicate these metrics
- Maintain strong domain knowledge of the worlds of spam and fraud including prevention techniques and technologies
THE SKILL SET:
- 3+ years of analytics experience or a related technical discipline
- Master of SQL and Excel (MySQL/Hive preferred)
- Proficiency in Python preferred, or experience in another scripting lauguage (R, Matlab, etc.)
- Familiarity with Internet technologies and protocols
- The ability to think quickly and learn even faster
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment
- A proven ability to formalize complex ideas and process into a well defined logic
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- BA or BS Degree or higher
- Experience in fraud or spam
- Knowledge of BI tools like Tableau
- Experience with log-analysis tools like Splunk
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
Is this role not an exact fit? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our Finance team.
Back to top