With a rapidly growing business, we need to quickly ramp up to encompass best in class, people, processes, and systems to effectively support the needs of the company. This role will play an integral part in the day-to-day accounts payable operations with opportunities to work on various projects as we scale.
There are a lot of exciting things going on behind the scenes at Eventbrite. Our continued global growth has provided us the opportunity to build a best in class accounting team who loves to solve problems and automate processes. Join us as we continue to scale the company. Meet some of the Accounting Team.
We’re looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to be a core member of the Eventbrite Accounting team. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, technically proficient, and have meaningful accounts payable experience to help support the Accounts Payable team. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, deadline oriented, and with strong interpersonal skills, as this person will be interacting daily with external suppliers and various departments throughout the company. If you love organization, problem solving, and thrive working in a fast-paced, high growth environment, we want to speak with you!
- Process and review day-to-day entries of accounts payable invoices
- Audit expense reports for company compliance
- Responsible for new supplier set up and supplier maintenance
- Investigate and resolve any supplier invoice discrepancies
- Review of proper GL coding of invoices and expenses, documentation, and approvals
- Support with ACH, check, and manual payment runs
- Assist with month-end close process
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the accounts payable function
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and SOX 404 controls
- Knowledge of fundamental accounting related to accounts payable
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a deadline-sensitive and customer service oriented environment
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Technologically savvy and able to learn new software quickly
- Experience with Workday Financials is a plus
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records