Eventbrite is disrupting a huge industry in desperate need of a shakeup. As a Sales Development Rep, you are the first point of contact for sales efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for Eventbrite while creating a pipeline of business to arm our Account Executives.
What makes Sales at Eventbrite so exciting? You’ll be working with event organizers of everything from music festivals to concert venues to complicated registrations for mud runs, beer festivals, conferences, and much more. Our horizontal platform means no one conversation with a potential client is the same. There is no script, no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative sales experts, and we train and invest in our smart, goal-oriented team to grow their careers here at Eventbrite.
We are building a best-in-class sales organization comprised of motivated and talented go-getters. The opportunity is big, competition is fierce, and we have miles to go before we sleep. This team is responsible for working with creators of events ranging from fundraisers to mud runs, concerts and fairs. Learn more about our Nashville sales team
here and meet some of the Britelings
on the team.
As a Sales Development Rep, you’re the first line of contact to prospective clients. As the first line of contact, you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our event organizers. You’re quick on your feet, and your grit and resilience help you handle objections like a pro. You’ll become an expert in the event industry and the Eventbrite solution. You’ll use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass on to the Account Executive team.
- Represent Eventbrite with style and grace to prospective clients
- Become an expert in the event industry and the Eventbrite product
- Consult on how the Eventbrite platform can be used to make any kind of event wildly successful
- Document qualified opportunities to pass on to the Account Executive team
- Smash quotas and continually raise the bar
- Maintain a deep understanding of the entire sales process
THE SKILL SET
- 1-2 years experience in a phone sales role as part of a SaaS, 2.0, or ASP company OR a driven, whip-smart, and eager-to-learn new grad who thrives in fast paced environments
- Experience with mid-high volume cold calling
- A fearless ability to proactively engage new clients
- A consultative sales approach and knowledge of how to maintain control of a conversation
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value/benefit
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current process
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyer interest and identify target customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond just your day-to-day tasks
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Non Exempt