Eventbrite is the largest event technology company in the world, powering more than 2.5 million live experiences each year and processing nearly $3B in ticket sales. With our technology at the center of events ranging from pop-up dinners to some of the world’s largest music festivals — and an active base of more than 50M event-goers — we have an enormous chance to define new revenue streams in everything from on-site hardware to advertising products. But while the opportunity is great, so is the ambiguity, strategic complexity, and risk of failure present in all nascent businesses. Your challenge is to dive in head-first, embrace the uncertainty, and play a critical leadership role in the success of initiatives that will change Eventbrite’s trajectory.
The Eventbrite Portfolio Marketing team brings solutions to market that empower event organizers across the globe to achieve their goals using Eventbrite’s platform. The team is responsible for driving business growth by defining and developing market segments, packaging innovative solutions, and building integrated go-to-market strategies that aim to inspire and differentiate.
Eventbrite is looking for a talented product marketer to develop and lead execution of go-to-market strategies for innovative early-stage products and solutions that reach far beyond our core ticketing platform.
You’ll strategically evaluate customer and market needs, the competitive landscape, and our product vision to define target audiences, shape our positioning, inform roadmap development, and build and execute on multi-channel GTM strategies. You’ll focus first on developing deep empathy for high-potential target customers, and then work cross-functionally across Marketing, Sales, Product, Customer Success, Customer Support, and Design to turn insights into creative, lean, multi-channel strategies for going from “0 to 1”. Then, you’ll use those learnings to shape product strategy and develop and launch at-scale sales and marketing programs to drive increased customer acquisition, account growth, and new revenue.
The ideal candidate for this role is deeply customer-obsessed, comfortable with the heightened ambiguity and risk of failure inherent to nascent businesses, experienced at developing and executing on iterative multi-channel campaigns, and can communicate the benefits of a complex solution in an authentic, compelling way.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research, competitive intelligence gathering, and lightweight experimental campaigns to identify potential target segments and evaluate product/market fit of new products or services
- Develop and execute on effective product positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies to differentiate our solution and grow revenue in prioritized target segments
- Shape the product roadmap related to your products and solutions by instilling a deep, actionable understanding of the highest-potential target segments and their needs
- In partnership with Content Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Design, develop solution-oriented collateral, thought-leadership content, and case studies that enable the Sales and Customer Success team to effectively sell new solutions
- Play a critical leadership role in driving the success of new offerings that help Eventbrite expand into new markets and create new revenue streams
THE SKILL SET
- Minimum 5 years of strategic marketing experience, with a deep customer obsession; early stage start-up experience a plus
- Consistent track record planning and successfully executing iterative, multi-channel sales and marketing strategies; Product Marketing experience a plus
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills, with an uncanny ability to triangulate limited data into business-relevant insights
- Strong storytelling, messaging, and writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to translate technical functionality into compelling customer-centric narratives
- A growth mindset, with the demonstrated problem-solving skills, and a creative “make it happen” spirit to surmount any obstacle with limited resources
- Comfort with the ambiguity and risk of failure that’s inherent to any early stage effort
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and expertise at managing multiple work streams with cross-functional dependencies
- Avid event organizer and/or Eventbrite user
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records