Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences.
Over the last decade, we have built a world-class software as a service (SaaS) platform for organizers, enabling millions of events globally. In the process, we have touched millions of consumers, helping them get together, explore their interests, and pursue their passions through live experiences. Now, we’re embarking on a journey to further connect our consumers and organizers and drive the discovery of live events.
To help us deliver on this ambitious vision, we are on the hunt for a top of the line Product Manager who puts the customer first, is passionate about user experience and lives and breathes data to make decisions. Sounds like you? Let’s talk.
You’ll be joining an experienced team of talented Product Managers and Engineers who are focused on defining and building the next generation live events platform. We are passionate about live events, motivated, collaborative, and a fun-loving team responsible for a high-growth, global business.
There are many aspects to the event lifecycle process that you can help shape: from event creation to marketing tools, to being able to sell more tickets with data that will help our clients make better decisions about running their business. You’ll be responsible for defining a vision, strategy and roadmap and then executing on it. You will work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers within and across other business units. Your ultimate goal is to build high quality products that will delight our clients and impact our high-growth business.
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years of product management experience, working directly with design and engineering teams in an agile software development environment
- Self-starter with proven track record of shipping innovative and successful web-based SaaS solutions for B2B2C organizations
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, “get stuff done” attitude when approached with new challenges
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership across the entire product development lifecycle
- Data-driven approach with the ability to leverage data to make decisions
- A good understanding of analytics tools including mobile analytics and A/B testingProficient in and passionate about Agile software development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Former experience with ticketing, music technology or enterprise software companies
- Former experience with building native apps
- Passion for live events, frequently attending events and buying tickets online
- Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or MBA preferred
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice
to understand how we process your personal information when you apply for a job with us.