Principal Systems Engineer (San Francisco or Remote)
- San Francisco, CA
Over the last decade, we have built a world-class SaaS platform for event organizers, enabling millions of events globally. At this point after having served millions of customers, we've outgrown our system several times over. In order to help us achieve the next level of evolution in our company, we need your infrastructure expertise to help us define and create a world class software delivery pipeline that will enable our engineering organization to move quickly.
We’re a growth oriented and self-reflective team that listens and empathizes with our clients (the engineering organization), we work with them on solving their problems and take in data over time to figure out high value tools, solutions, and infrastructure that will make our engineering organization operate more effectively. As a company, we believe in pair programming, mob programming, collaboration, mentorship, and working through difficult technical problems in productive ways.
We are looking for a creative problem solver and communicative systems engineer to join the Devtools Infrastructure Team. This team is a newly formed team in 2020 whose mandate is to increase the speed, quality, and efficiency of the engineering organization. We are at a point wherein the number of services and infrastructure pieces we’re dealing with everyday has become unwieldy and we need highly skilled engineers on the devtools infrastructure team to scale our capabilities. You will be responsible for defining, designing, and implementing the infrastructure that powers the software delivery pipeline in this time of transformative change in the company.
THE SKILL SET
- THE SKILL SET
- 1+ years experience administering and using Kubernetes and its ecosystem
- 2+ years experience developing Docker containers
- 6+ years experience working with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- 1+ years experience administering and configuring CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins or CircleCI
- 6+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language, ideally Python or Go
- Willingness to work on a distributed team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BONUS POINTS
- Open source contributions
- Past experience as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Experience defining SLOs/SLAs and implementing alerting, monitoring, and writing runbooks
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with defining software delivery pipelines
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Nomad, Vault, and other HashiCorp products
- Experience with container security
Eventbrite is a the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top