Principal Software Engineer (San Francisco or Remote)
- San Francisco, CA
Over the last decade, we have built a world-class SaaS platform for event organizers, enabling millions of events globally. At this point after having served millions of customers, we've outgrown our system several times over. In order to help us achieve the next level of evolution in our company, we need your infrastructure expertise to help us define and create a world class software delivery pipeline that will enable our engineering organization to move quickly.
We’re a growth oriented and self-reflective team that listens and empathizes with our clients (the engineering organization), we work with them on solving their problems and take in data over time to figure out high value tools, solutions, and infrastructure that will make our engineering organization operate more effectively. As a company, we believe in pair programming, mob programming, collaboration, mentorship, and working through difficult technical problems in productive ways.
We are looking for a creative problem solver and communicative systems engineer to join the Devtools Infrastructure Team. This team is a newly formed team in 2020 whose mandate is to increase the speed, quality, and efficiency of the engineering organization. We are at a point wherein the number of services and infrastructure pieces we’re dealing with everyday has become unwieldy and we need highly skilled engineers on the devtools infrastructure team to scale our capabilities. You will be responsible for defining, designing, and implementing the infrastructure that powers the software delivery pipeline in this time of transformative change in the company.
THE SKILL SET
- THE SKILL SET
- 1+ years experience administering and using Kubernetes and its ecosystem
- 2+ years experience developing Docker containers
- 6+ years experience working with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- 1+ years experience administering and configuring CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins or CircleCI
- 6+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language
- Willingness to work on a distributed team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BONUS POINTS
- Experience with Python or GO
- Open source contributions
- Past experience as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Experience defining SLOs/SLAs and implementing alerting, monitoring, and writing runbooks
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with defining software delivery pipelines
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Nomad, Vault, and other HashiCorp products
- Experience with container security
Our engineering teams own their services and systems end to end from requirements gathering to deployment to maintenance. Team members follow an on-call rotation to ensure any issues are mitigated immediately and root causes are rectified.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top