Principal Software Engineer (Argentina remote)
- Mendoza, Argentina
Eventbrite is a people-first organization. Our goal of building the global platform for live experience relies on the foundation of top talent and strong company culture. Our team is the face of Eventbrite, and we’re charged with finding, attracting, and bringing on the best of the best to drive Eventbrite’s growing business and award-winning culture forward. Hiring the best talent globally is no easy feat. However, we have a talented team who has an inspiring story and mission. Our perfect candidate is someone who can connect that vision and story with top-notch talent.
Our team is part of the Commerce area, where we provide our customers with a modern and efficient user experience to purchase tickets. We are responsible for the entire Order Processing flow and make sure that our platform is scalable, reliable and efficient.
As Principal engineer, you’ll be in a preferred position to shape the technical direction of the area and keep ensuring Eventbrite’s platform evolves to satisfy our customers’ needs. You’ll be challenged to research, design and implement technical solutions and become a point of reference for the engineering teams.
You’ll work closely with the PM and the Engineering Manager and you’ll be responsible for the technical growth of the company, both internally mentoring engineers and externally interacting with many other teams.
THE TECH STACK
Our main stack is Python and Django, running on AWS. As we evolve as a company, more services are created and our tech stack will keep changing.
THE SKILL SET
- 10+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language, ideally Python
- 3+ years of experience with a web framework, ideally Django
- 3+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing maintainable code
- Great communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Strong software engineering background and experience with cross-team collaboration
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
- Experience leading technical teams and mentoring engineers
- Advanced English both written and spoken
- Experience using non-relational databases like Elastic search and Redis
- Experience with Event-driven architecture patterns, ideally using Kafka
- Comfortable developing in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Back to top