Principal Software Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Eventbrite is a people-first organization. Our goal of building the global platform for live experience relies on the foundation of top talent and strong company culture. Our team is the face of Eventbrite, and we’re charged with finding, attracting, and bringing on the best of the best to drive Eventbrite’s growing business and award-winning culture forward. Hiring the best talent globally is no easy feat. However, we have a talented team who has an inspiring story and mission. Our perfect candidate is someone who can connect that vision and story with top-notch talent.
Our team is part of the Commerce area, where we provide our customers with a modern and efficient user experience to purchase tickets. We are responsible for the entire Order Processing flow and make sure that our platform is scalable, reliable and efficient.
Our engineering teams own their services and systems end to end from requirements gathering to deployment to maintenance. Team members follow an on-call rotation to ensure any issues are mitigated immediately and root causes are rectified.
As Principal engineer, you’ll be in a preferred position to shape the technical direction of the area and keep ensuring Eventbrite’s platform evolves to satisfy our customers’ needs.You’ll be challenged to research, design and implement technical solutions and become a point of reference for the engineering teams.
You’ll work closely with the PM and the Engineering Manager and you’ll be responsible for the technical growth of the company, both internally mentoring engineers and externally interacting with many other teams.
THE TECH STACK
Eventbrite extensively uses React with Redux and has started using Typescript for building various applications. We are one of the world’s largest Django-powered sites by request volume. Python, Django, and MySQL are the primary off-the-shelf technologies in our stack. We are hosted on AWS.
As we evolve as a company, more services are created and our tech stack will keep changing.
THE SKILL SET
- 10+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language
- Experience with cloud services in AWS, Azure or Google
- Experience with distributed systems and large scale systems
- Comfortable with leading large cross-functional initiatives, and collaborating with engineering teams and other stakeholders
- Strong understanding of Web Service, API, REST and RPC
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing maintainable code
- Great communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Strong software engineering background and experience with cross-team collaboration
- Experience leading technical teams and mentoring engineers
- Advanced English both written and spoken
Back to top