Eventbrite is an industry-leading self-service event platform that processed over $2.5 billion in ticket sales last year. The overwhelming majority of transactions flow through the system without any issues on-time every-time but there are exceptions. The Payment Operations team is responsible for the daily operational support for payments, as well as partnering with our product and engineering team to identify and resolve problems.
Based in Nashville, the Payment Operations team is a small group of operations specialists responsible for supporting all aspects of Eventbrite’s payment products. We partner with numerous teams across the company to build the tools, policies and infrastructure to support Eventbrite’s financial transactions, as well as ensure a positive outcome when payment issues do arise.
As a Payment Operations Specialist, you’re responsible for resolving complex payment issues as well as handling the most critical daily payment processes. You will also monitor a set of queues for problems with transactions, refunds, invoices, payouts or anything else payments related. You’ll be on the front lines of the proactive work we do by monitoring for potential issues, and you’ll work hand in hand with the Finance, Risk, Trust & Safety, and Sales team to take action on high priority issues. You will also be encouraged to brainstorm ways in which the team can more effectively and proactively prevent payment related issues and make processes more efficient. You will master Eventbrite’s many payments features and products, and maximize the toolset in order to ensure buyers can easily pay for their tickets, that payments are issued correctly, and on time while also providing guidance for many of our internal teams.
- Become an expert on Eventbrite's payment products, tools, features and processes, including knowledge about limitations and best practices
- Ensure organizers get paid on time, every time
- Own and provide support for escalated payment issues globally (~180 countries as of 2017)
- Provide instruction and guidance about payment features and processes to existing customers as well as other internal teams
- Partner with Product, Finance, and Sales to identify opportunities to improve policies, processes, or user experience
- Assist in reconciling complex payment calculations for clients or our internal teams
- Analyze payment data using Excel, SQL and other analytical tools (note: pre-existing SQL skills are not required to apply for this role)
- Partner with engineering to resolve complex bugs including any associated cleanup efforts
- Resolve complex issues related to client payments
- Educate and cultivate internal knowledge related to all things payments
THE SKILL SET
- 2+ years of experience in an operations or customer support role
- Attention to detail and a passion for customer experience, specifically in relation to payment issues
- Ability to identify pain points or areas for improvement on a team and advocate for a solution through implementation
- Patience, empathy and the ability to stay level-headed in high-stress situations
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity, embrace experimentation and change, and build consensus when working with a group
- Technical aptitude and the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- BA/BS Degree or higher
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.