Eventbrite’s Legal team is looking for an experienced and talented Paralegal to join our team. Working in tandem with in-house counsel, you will be the operational foundation of the team. Your daily life will include managing requests and correspondence, organizing corporate records, and streamlining operations for legal. You are a self-starter, love teamwork, and thrive in ambiguity. You are diligent when it comes to reviewing and drafting legal documents, assisting with various corporate and compliance initiatives, and building processes to help us operate more efficiently. This role is based in either our San Francisco or Nashville office and reports to our Litigation Counsel.
The Eventbrite Legal team works across our international organization and partners with all business units to develop strategies and solutions that satisfy legal requirements and drive business growth. We're a close knit team who enjoys working together, and we’re extremely passionate about what we do.
Eventbrite is seeking a collaborative and detail-oriented Paralegal to the Legal Department. You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including reviewing and drafting legal documents, updating company files, and overseeing corporate governance issues. While reporting to the General Counsel, you will interact primarily with members of the Legal Department in a supporting role.
- Support all aspects of our corporate governance programs, including securities filings, shareholder communications and other governance-related materials
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including finance, tax, stock admin, accounting, people operations, and compliance to manage initiatives
- Collaborate on implementing and identifying areas for streamlining and increasing efficiency within the legal team
- Partner with our contracts administrator to coordinate all aspects of contract management, including routing for signature, distribution, and development and maintenance of contracts database
- Assist in-house counsel in issuing non-disclosure agreements, vendor agreements and other legal documents, as well as managing legal hold processes, assisting with subpoena production, and responding to law enforcement requests
- Provide litigation support as needed, including drafting correspondence with opposing counsel, developing initial answers to interrogatories and document requests that are served upon the company
- Track litigation matters, including working on the development of a litigation database to track matters
- Support cross-functional preparations for board meetings and executive staff presentations, including preparation, distribution and maintenance of materials
- Manage legal communication channels such as email aliases and the #legal Slack channel
- Develop resources to educate the organization about the legal team and our initiatives
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 5 years experience as a paralegal in a law firm or a corporate legal department
- Ability to work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and sense of professionalism and discretion, demonstrating accountability, integrity, and respect for confidentiality
- Precision/detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Solid customer service focus and flexibility
- Sound judgment with ability to balance legal risk and business impact in a fast-paced environment
- Trustworthy, positive, energetic, optimistic attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top