Office Manager (M/W/D)
Over the past 10 years, the Eventbrite team has grown from a small but mighty group in San Francisco to a global community of 900+ employees in over 12 countries. As our new office manager for the German office you are responsible for creating and maintaining the great work environment in Berlin. As part of the Facilities team, you will work closely with other facility managers around the world.
The Facilities team supports Eventbrite and our team’s culture through creating great working environments and seamless services in the Briteland. We’re passionate about bringing a consistently delightful workspace experience to Britelings in our 12+ (and counting) offices worldwide. Eventbrite is a people-centric organization, and our team leads the charge in constantly raising the bar. We’re defined by our willingness to challenge traditional thinking to pursue new territory with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong sense of ownership and pride.
The office manager is responsible for organizing and supervising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of our Berlin office . The role is very hands on and there is lots of space for own initiatives that contribute towards the business. The successful candidate is proactive, always thinks ahead and will ensure employees are well served and assist in operating the office effectively. Interactions with all internal and external contacts must be graciously and cordially stewarded. This role will report into local Country Director.
- Primarily support and manage office administration and operations and support of local leadership team
- Be the first point of contact for greeting guests and other Britelings visiting the office
- Partner with our other offices and headquarters to ensure consistent and effective cross-functional communication
- Partner with HR and IT for onboarding new hire co-ordination
- Support HR around benefits, (health) insurance (Krankenkasse), administration and recruiting
- Organize office events, happy hours, off-sites, recruiting events, parties, and schedule regular meetings like All-Hands etc.
- Maintain the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs and additional design
- Ensure adequate stock of stationery, kitchen and other office supplies, and manage related vendors and budgets
- Make business travel arrangements and travel expenses for leadership team
- Creating PO’s/Supplier Invoices
- Opportunity to participate in local projects and initiatives
THE SKILL SET
- Experience as Office Manager, ideally in a fast paced (international) environment
- A confident, professional and determined approach
- A natural inclination to resolve problems, while staying cool under pressure
- ‘Make It Happen’ Spirit with an infectiously upbeat attitude
- A trustworthy, autonomous and enthusiastic hands-on approach to all tasks
- A flexible approach to changing priorities with the ability to prioritize and under pressure
- Fluent German communication skills, both written and verbal, working proficiency in English
- The ability to work independently, and flexible hours were required
- Excellent multi-tasker; accurate and highly organised
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A young dynamic team with a let's make it happen mentality
- Team lunches and events
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours
- Allowances for commute, sports and wellness
- A family friendly environment
- Two office dogs and lots of fun
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of events in 180 countries in 2017. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Back to top