In 2017, 65 million consumers bought tickets on Eventbrite. As our marketplace grows and develops we are seeking an inspired analyst that will help inform and shape our strategy. This will require analyzing a ton of data from several sources and distilling it down to insights our team can leverage.
You will be a part of our Marketplace team at Eventbrite and will work with Marketplace leadership while collaborating with other data minded people from around our global company.
The day to day of this role is all about the intersection of data and our product. You’ll be using tools to pull data, like MySQL and Hive, and then using other tools to analyze that data, like Tableau and Python/Pandas. Good analyses of that data will tell a story about how our users use our product. The best analyses will have an opinion about what we should do next.
In our experience this role is good for people who have a strong attention detail and take pride in getting the work done right. We are going to prioritize people with technical knowledge about data and those with product experience. But those with a passion for the role and a strong analytical aptitude are also welcome. You will, however, be expected to demonstrate knowledge of SQL in the interview, so if you don’t know it yet, be prepared for that.
Our expectation is that this role is a jumping off point to one of several different career paths. It’s good for people who are early in their careers or want to alter their career path. If you are like most people you’ll find this role valuable and engaging but will be ready to move onto the next thing after 12-24 months. We support this movement which is why we expect to start talking with you about your next role as early as 6 months into this one. This role really is about learning and refining skillsets while setting yourself up for the next thing in your career. As a reference, we have had people start in similar roles go on to become engineers, product managers, pricing experts, data scientists, and marketers.
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- SQL querying skills
- Highly analytical mindset - you’re critical, quantitative, inquisitive and insightful
- Entrepreneurial in nature - you’re resourceful, adaptable, and have an eye for optimization
- Extremely detail oriented - you pride yourself on getting things right the first time
- Strong experience with Excel
- 1-2 years of relevant industry experience in analytics
- Advance experience using SQL to query datasets
- Experience using Tableau and/or other BI tools
- Experience using R and/or Python
- Solid understanding of statistics and data mining skills
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.