Marketing Manager - Content & Demand Generation
In the near future, the majority of Eventbrite’s business will come from outside of the United States. The company is currently in a phase of strong international growth and now have offices in Australia, England, Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, Argentina, and Brazil, in addition to our San Francisco and Nashville offices in the US. We want to continue to aggressively grow our international business and, where necessary, strategically open offices and build a local presence.
In Australia, we have ambitious growth plans for the ANZ market, with the potential to enter the greater AsiaPac region. We’re looking for scrappy and fearless team members to be part of this growth story.
To help us meet those goals we’re looking for a marketer who understands that content should simultaneously solve our customer's’ problems and move them seamlessly through the sales and marketing funnel. You must be a world-class written communicator who is able to assemble strategic marketing campaigns through content, webinars, partnerships and social media, in order to deliver high-quality and high-value content to prospects. We’re looking for a driven and passionate marketer who is just as comfortable with B2B marketing principles as they are at writing a killer sentence.
Eventbrite officially opened our Australia office in March 2014, building on a strong organic business where over a hundred thousand events had been hosted on the platform before boots were on the ground. Since building a lean and tenacious team, the Australian business is focused on continuing growth through brand awareness and marketing, and targeting major events where our product is a great fit to help organisers be more successful. The team is made up of three primary functions: Business Development, Marketing, and Account Management. We’re small, scrappy, and help each other out as we work towards our shared vision of making Eventbrite a household name when is comes to live experiences. Meet some of the team.
We’re looking for Marketing Manager with strong content and demand generation experience. The perfect person for this role has a passion for developing strong content and understands how to leverage the content, webinars and marketing campaigns to nurture and convert high-value leads. We put a big emphasis on developing top notch content to provide value to our prospects, share our event expertise, and convert them into customers.
It’s a complex job, requiring strategic thinking, digital marketing skills, and a dedication to the written word. The reward is equally significant--the opportunity to shape the way a growing sales and marketing organisation does business, and ultimately drive the company that powers millions of live experiences globally.
- Develop and own a detailed content strategy grounded in a deep understanding of Australian organiser needs. By establishing this role as a cross-funnel content marketer, you will incorporate content that drives PR activity, awareness, and conversion. This will ensure consistency of content quality, content relevance, and brand positioning through the funnel.
- Execute against this content strategy with a focus on content quality and value. Engage with organisers through a mix of live events, blog content, whitepapers, webinars, social media, and other channels.
- Manage writers and content contractors to product content across various funnel stages, including short and long form pieces.
- Promote Eventbrite Australia as the leader in the event ticketing and registration market from the perspective of thought leadership and technology. In short, you will truly differentiate our brand.
THE SKILL SET:
- 5+ years demand generation or content marketing experience
- Demonstrated proficiency implementing inbound and content marketing strategy
- Proven ability to develop a brand through content, both in terms of awareness and positioning
- Hands-on experience with cutting-edge content marketing strategies, tools, technologies and performance metrics
- Working knowledge of conversion optimisation principles
- A strong background in developing marketing initiatives, including live events, blog content, whitepapers, webinars, social media engagement, and other channels
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills - you live and breathe great content and creative campaigns
- Have used (and loved) Eventbrite as an organiser, attendee, or both!
- Prior experience with the tools we use to power our marketing efforts: Marketo, Wordpress, Salesforce, Webex and Google Analytics
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, including cash + super
- Generous benefits include transportation stipend, wellness reimbursement, free snacks and weekly team lunch
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
Is this role not an exact fit? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions or networking events with with our Melbourne team.
Back to top