Manager, Trust & Safety
Eventbrite is an industry-leading self-service event management platform, and we care deeply about providing a positive and safe experience on our site. Our Trust and Safety team works to cultivate integrity and trust in Eventbrite’s global marketplace through the use of innovative technology and partnership with our community of event organizers and ticket buyers. Preventing abuse of our community and our Terms of Service, as well as providing a positive resolution to sensitive situations are critical parts of our mission to provide a delightful experience.
The Trust & Safety team is a small group of operations specialists and analysts split across three offices around the world. We have diverse backgrounds and varied levels of experience in Trust & Safety, Operations, and Analytics. We care deeply about the user experience and are all passionate about protecting our users from abuse, as well as working to promote trust within the product. We also partner cross-functionally with numerous teams across the company to build the tools, policies and infrastructure to keep the community safe and ensure a positive resolution when issues do arise.
We are looking for an experienced Trust & Safety manager to join our cross-functional Finance Ops Team. As the manager for Trust & Safety, you will be a key leader on the Finance Ops team, which is responsible for Risk and Fraud, Payments, and Trust & Safety. You will be responsible for making sure day-to-day operations run smoothly, as well as helping to define strategy, and build and scale the function to meet the future needs of the platform and our users.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our global Trust & Safety team
- Provide regular, actionable, goal-oriented performance feedback
- Coach, mentor, and develop each members of the team to further their growth at Eventbrite
- Delegate and prioritize effectively to ensure the team is focused on high-impact needs and allocating time appropriately between project and core work
- Set clear targets and objectives, and establish KPIs for each area of responsibility
- Communicate metrics, trends, and results from projects to key stakeholders in the organization on a regular basis
- Lead the postmortem process when serious incidents occur, and communicate the findings to business leaders and key stakeholders across the organizationInvestigate escalated incidents of abuse, which need to be handled at the leadership level
- Perform data analysis and research to understands trends and patterns of abuse on the platform
- Identify and recommend ways to improve team performance through automation, tooling, rule, process, or policy changes
- Identify opportunities to change the product or our internal policies or process to improve user trust, or provide a better user experience
- Collaborate with analysts, operations specialists, data scientists and engineering to build on existing, as well as create new, prevention and detection mechanisms
- Engages and maintains effective relationships with cross-functional partners, stakeholders, or external vendors
- Maintain strong domain knowledge of the worlds of trust & safety, abuse, and risk including new techniques and technologies available to fight abuse
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years of experience in Trust & Safety, preferably at an internet or technology company
- Previous people management experience with a proven ability to develop skills and drive professional growth
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment, including the ability to influence cross-functionally and build strong relationships across the organization
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution oriented individual
- Must have excellent critical thinking and prioritization skills
- A proven ability to formalize complex ideas and analytical findings into well defined logic and actionable recommendations
- Ability to define and report on relevant metrics
- BA or BS Degree or higher
- Experience managing remote team members
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Jira, Slack, Google Apps, SQL
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Language skills - fluency in multiple languages
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Back to top