International Accounting Controller
There are exciting things going on at Eventbrite. Our product portfolio as well as our domestic and international presence continues to grow and expand at a rapid pace. As a result, our business has become more complex and dynamic. The International Accounting Controller will be responsible for building upon our existing international teams to ensure we have the right international accounting infrastructure and processes in place to support a rapidly growing business.
Our continued global growth has led to building out a best in class Finance team. We’ve evolved from a scrappy, all-hands-on-deck Finance team, and are now positioned to be the organized, well-oiled Finance organization that powers the financial stability of our rapidly growing business. The International Accounting Controller will be an integral part of a growing Finance team to ensure we meet all of our reporting and operational requirements.
This role will work closely with the US, LatAm, and European Finance-Accounting teams and business leaders. This role will be responsible for the timely month-end close, internal and external financial reporting, and finance operational support for all international entities. This role will report into the WW Controller organization.
- Timely and accurate delivery of entity financial reporting requirements including US-GAAP and SEC reporting, management reporting, and statutory reporting
- Month-end consolidations, reporting, and various analysis
- Monthly account reconciliations and support
- Annual financial statement audits and quarterly reviews
- Compliance with Sarbanes Oxley 404 requirements
- Implementation of key and secondary controls to prevent/detect material misstatements and reduce overall reporting risk
- Streamlining of processes and systems to facilitate ongoing scalability and efficiency goals
- Implementation and standardization of US-Accounting and Finance policies
- Manage, coach and develop local and international teams; continue to foster and develop a culture of collaboration, accountability, and efficiency
- Accounts payables and expense reimbursements
- Treasury oversight
- Payments to organizers
- Payroll payment review, approval, and corresponding journal entries/recons
- Transfer pricing / intercompany reporting
- ERP system training and ongoing maintenance
THE SKILL SET
- Licensed CPA and/or Chartered Accountant
- Strong knowledge of US-GAAP
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Experience working in regional or global roles in publicly traded companies; excellent team building and managing skills, especially with foreign locations
- Experience with M&A and integration of companies accounting processes post-acquisition
- Demonstrable experience with month-end activities, working well under pressure with tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy, focus, and composure
- Highly resourceful with a willingness to get involved and get the job done
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience with ERP systems highly desirable (e.g. Workday, Netsuite, Oracle)
- Public accounting and/or industry experience with marketplace systems and transactions
- Knowledge and/or experience with European and/or LatAm filing requirements
- SEC reporting experience
- Experience with Workday Financials
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Back to top