Over the past 10 years, the Eventbrite team has grown from a small but mighty group in San Francisco to a global community of 1000+ employees in over 12 countries. A major focus of our strategic plan has been an investment in the large opportunity across continental Europe, and specifically Germany and Austria. Our growth plans for the German market are ambitious; For us, Germany is one of the most exciting markets in the world, and we see tremendous growth potential for Eventbrite. As the HR Generalist for Germany you will be supporting managers and employees on all HR related matters during this exciting time of growth. As a company we see our people (“Britelings”) as our #1 asset The experience Britelings have in the office is central to their productivity and engagement; we are dedicated to our philosophy of treating our Britelings with respect, dignity, autonomy, and generosity and creating the best work experience for every employee.
The HR Generalist Germany is part of the European Briteling Experience team. You will report directly into the European BX Director. The Briteling Experience team covers all HR, learning & development and recruiting for Europe. The team has a culture that is unparalleled and is committed to evolving and elevating our own bar of excellence. The goal is to inspire and motivate our team to be more successful and effective, cultivate peak performance, and remove any barriers to innovation
As our HR Generalist in Berlin, you will be our on-the-ground ambassador tasked with engaging our Britelings as well as being the business partner for our Country Director. As our first dedicated HR specialist in this geo, you will be looked to as the expert who is responsible for the region, and you will be supported by the European and US based BX team. You will need to be comfortable with hands on work as well as strategic work.
- Work with senior manager to develop and implement HR solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results
- Provide advice to employees and line managers regarding German labor law and benefits in the areas of holiday, absence, maternity leave, parental rights etc.
- Assist in the analysis of learning and development needs
- Oversee and improve on- and offboarding of the German office
- Conduct exit interviews with employees leaving the company and provide analysis of the results
- Review and analyse HR data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
- Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee issues
- Work with senior manager and other employees (Britelings) to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests
- Evolving and building out the local company culture
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years experience in a HR generalist role
- Understanding of local employment law
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Hands-on mentality
- Demonstrated dedication to process improvement
- Unquestioned integrity
- German language skills on a native level
- English language skills on a advanced level
- Experience with Workday is a bonus
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary within a rapidly growing technology company that offers you the possibility to deepen your career
- A fantastic new office in the city of Berlin
- Generous benefits package: Team lunches and events, lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours, allowances for commute, sports and wellness
- A family friendly environment
- Two office dogs and lots of fun!
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.