In 2017, 65 million consumers will buy tickets on Eventbrite. As our marketplace grows and develops we are seeking an experienced executive to lead the strategy and development of our monetization products that will enable event organizers to target and reach specific segments of our audience based on their interests and behaviors, and create strategies that further monetize the demand we drive.
Reporting directly to the VP of Product, this is a brand new role that will lead our marketplace and monetization team and work closely with clients to build new lines of revenue such as a high quality self-service advertising experience. We are looking for someone with the capability to design our monetization strategy and technology from the ground up and scale it into a significant revenue-driver for the business. You will be responsible for building and optimizing revenue-generating ad products, positioning and launching them successfully to the market, and providing analytics and reporting to show their efficacy.
A successful candidate will be a creative technical thinker, one who thrives on interesting complicated challenges and has hands-on experience addressing growth and monetization, ideally for an online marketplace. You have a successful track record in partnering effectively with a variety of stakeholders such as marketing, sales, finance, business operations, and data science, and are comfortable working closely with the executive team. You are expected to be an excellent problem solver with good technical judgment as well as have relentlessly high standards and passion for delivering scalable, well-architected systems that will deliver positive business impact and solves customer needs.
THE SKILL SET
- Minimum 10 years of experience in product leadership, preferably in marketplace businesses, AdTech, eCommerce, Travel, or online monetization
- Deep understanding of ad technology and merchandising
- Experience with eCommerce or travel businesses and merchandising optimisation
- Balance strong bias for action with deep experience driving product alignment across multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience delivering results in a revenue-driven, consumer product role
- Passion for building innovative products that solve user needs through deep understanding of the customer
- Understand client needs, responding to tight deadlines, and delivering products that drive key business metrics
- Minimum 5 years experience in management with a proven track record of building and managing high performing product management teams
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making
- Ability to influence team members across all departments and levels of the organization
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passion for live events, frequently attending events and buying tickets online
- 4-year degree BS/BA in a technical, business or other analytical field required
- MBA or strong business acumen
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records