In 2017, 65 million consumers will buy tickets on Eventbrite. As our marketplace grows and develops we are seeking an experienced executive to lead the strategy and product roadmap to aggregate and grow our audience of avid event-goers and explore new monetization opportunities within our marketplace.
Reporting directly to the GM of Marketplace, this is a new role that will provide senior leadership to a team of Product Managers and work closely as part of the Marketplace leadership team which includes leaders in design, engineering, and marketing to build an innovative and engaging consumer experience and pilot new lines of revenue such as a high quality native advertising experience. We are looking for someone with the capability to lead a team that will deliver a high growth consumer product that millions of consumers engage with weekly, and design our monetization strategy and technology from the ground up, scaling it into a significant revenue-driver for the business. You will be responsible for leading a team of PMs who will build and optimize products, position and launching them successfully to the market, and provide analytics and reporting to show their efficacy.
A successful candidate will be a creative and technical thinker, one who thrives on interesting complicated challenges and has hands-on experience addressing growth and monetization, ideally for an online marketplace. You have a successful track record in partnering and communicating effectively with a variety of stakeholders such as engineering, design, marketing, sales, finance, business operations, and data science, and are comfortable working closely with and presenting to the executive team. You are expected to be an excellent problem solver with good technical judgment as well as have relentlessly high standards and passion for shipping and delivering products that find product/market fit, deliver positive business impact and solve customer needs. You are a thoughtful and experienced people leader who derives satisfaction from helping their team grow and develop.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in product leadership, preferably in marketplace or consumer businesses
- Deep understanding and experience with consumer growth tactics
- Deep understanding of ad technology and merchandising
- Balance strong bias for action with deep experience driving product alignment across multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience delivering high growth results in a consumer product role
- Passion for building innovative products that solve user needs through deep understanding of the customer
- Understand user needs, respond to tight deadlines, and deliver products that drive key business metrics
- Minimum 5 years experience in management with a proven track record of building and managing high performing product management teams
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making
- Ability to influence team members across all departments and levels of the organization.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, comfortable presenting to other executives and the CEO
- Passion for live events, frequently attending events and buying tickets online
- 4-year degree BS/BA in a technical, business or other analytical field required
- MBA or strong business acumen
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice to understand how we process your personal information when you apply for a job with us.