Head of Product, Consumer
Eventbrite has built its business on empowering event creators with solutions to enable their success. The next chapter of our growth will come from empowering and enabling event-goers, consumers who are seeking live experiences. We are searching for a product leader to shape the vision of our consumer experience, from helping consumers to discover the great events around them, through to transforming the event experience itself.
The Consumer Business Unit at Eventbrite is responsible for maintaining a deep understanding of event attendees and their needs, and developing a product that empowers and enables them to participate in great live experiences. With 60 team members across product, design, engineering, analytics and content, we are all focused on transforming the consumer experience.
Reporting directly to the GM of Consumer, this is a new role that will be responsible for the vision of Eventbrite’s consumer product, and work closely as part of the Consumer leadership team which includes leaders in Design, Engineering, and Marketing to realize this vision. We are looking for someone with the capability to manage a team of Product Managers and Product Analysts that will deliver a high growth consumer product that engages and retains millions of consumers every month.
A successful candidate will be a creative and technical thinker, one who thrives on interesting complicated challenges and is comfortable with ambiguity and building new products from the ground up. You have a successful track record in partnering and communicating effectively with a variety of stakeholders such as engineering, design, marketing, sales, finance, business operations, and data science, and are comfortable working closely with and presenting to the executive team. You are expected to be an excellent problem solver with good technical judgment as well as have relentlessly high standards and passion for shipping and delivering products that find product/market fit, deliver positive business impact and solve customer needs. You are a thoughtful and experienced people leader who derives satisfaction from helping their team grow and develop.
THE SKILL SET
- Minimum 10 years of experience in product management, preferably in marketplace or consumer businesses
- Deep understanding and experience with consumer growth tactics
- Balance strong bias for action with deep experience driving product alignment across multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience delivering high growth results in a consumer product role
- Passion for building innovative products that solve user needs through deep understanding of the customer and finding product market fit
- Understand user needs, respond to tight deadlines, and deliver products that drive key business metrics
- Minimum 3 years experience in direct team management with a proven track record of building and retaining high performing product management teams
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making
- Ability to influence team members across all departments and levels of the organization.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, comfortable presenting to other executives and the CEO
- 4-year degree BS/BA in a technical, business or other analytical field required
- Passion for live events, frequently attending events and buying tickets online
- MBA or strong business acumen
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Back to top