Eventbrite is one of the largest and most popular event ticketing and registration platforms in the world, hosting more than 2.5 million events each year across the globe. With a dominant position across many segments of the market, our challenge now is to solidify our market- leading position in existing segments, and continue to scale the business in emerging ones.
The Eventbrite Portfolio Marketing team brings solutions to market that empower event organizers across the globe to achieve their goals using Eventbrite’s platform. The team is responsible for driving business growth by defining and developing market segments, packaging innovative solutions, and building integrated go-to-market strategies that aim to inspire and differentiate.
Reporting directly to the SVP Marketing, this role will provide senior leadership to a growing team that owns of all facets of portfolio marketing: product marketing, segment marketing, solution marketing, and customer communications and advocacy. We are looking for strategic and creative marketing leader who can lead a team responsible for bringing innovative new products and solutions to market, and ensure our GTM initiatives are high impact for the business. You will be responsible for closely partnering with your team and others throughout the organization (namely, Product, Sales and Account Management) to deliver truly differentiated and integrated marketing programs and assets that are in tune with the needs of our organizer market.
A successful candidate will be a strategic and analytical thinker, who blends deep experience in product/portfolio marketing with creative energy that inspires both the team and the market to action. You keenly understand how to translate features and products into solutions that drive value for customers, and back to the business. You have led global teams, and are comfortable in multi-layered markets with many segments, customer tiers and cultural intricacies. You have experience in marketing to both the long-tail of the market, as well as up-market, and are expert at the tactics used to communicate in both environments. You are confident in your abilities to develop company-level messaging to establish our leadership among our target markets, influencers, investors and media. Finally, you have a vision for how to design a global portfolio marketing organization that spans 5 continents and multiple teams with varying objectives and skill sets.
THE SKILL SET
- Minimum 10 years of product/marketing leadership experience, preferably in a global marketing organization
- Deep understanding of strategic product marketing fundamentals and frameworks to organize a unified GTM strategy and teams
- Innovative and highly skilled at developing differentiated messaging and positioning
- Excellent storytelling skills, with a demonstrated ability to translate technical functionality into compelling customer-centric narratives
- Experience with developing inbound product marketing strategies and systems to fuel the customer insights engine of the business
- Balance strong bias for action with experience driving alignment amongst multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly creative with a bent towards out-of-the-box approaches to marketing and creative excellence
- Strong business acumen, with experience working with and presenting to executives
- Experience in marketing within a two-sided marketplace (consumer/b2b)
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records