Front End Software Engineer
The Nashville engineering team is building the next generation of applications for our event attendees and event creators. We work with cutting-edge front-end technologies to maintain modularity and scalability in a large-scale front-end architecture. We’re building component-based applications centered around React/Redux. Also, no other place in TN will you be working to ship software to an audience like ours at this scale. You’ll learn a lot and hopefully you’ll teach us something too.
At Eventbrite we tackle tough problems. We learn, grow, and have fun in the process. The women and men of Eventbrite’s Engineering team enjoy facing challenges as individuals, but we are also eager to collaborate and share our knowledge.
As part of the packaging and pricing team you’ll be responsible for curating the way Eventbrite packages solutions for event creators across the world. You will leverage experimentation and A/B testing to iterate quickly and validate key growth hypotheses before investing in building out full solutions. The team will be using data and research to understand what creators value, how we should package that value, and what price they are willing to pay for that value. The packaging and pricing team is uniquely positioned to innovate and experiment with bold new ideas, as well as continuously evolve the product to drive consistent growth.
The team performs demos of the code we ship, we hone our skills through code reviews, and tell the world about it on Eventbrite’s Engineering Blog. We believe in the value of community and the power of live experiences, and regularly host free events with top technical speakers. Learn more about the team from some of our Nashville based engineers here.
THE SKILL SET
- Programming experience, with an emphasis on frontend or full stack technologies
- Experience testing with systems like Jasmine, Mocha, Chai, Jest
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility pitfalls and how to work around them
- Some experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, or PHP
- Drive and desire to make a significant and visible contribution to Eventbrite
- Ability to teach and mentor engineers with a variety of skill levels and backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (CS/Math/Stats/Engineering) or Software Bootcamp
- A strong portfolio and/or Github that displays your passion for delighting users
- Familiarity with a server-side framework, such as Django, Express, Rails, or .Net
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Experience working with, and quickly getting up to speed on a large code base
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers to ship beautiful and intuitive software
- Experience working on a growth team and/or building and running experiments
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet the Global Team
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Back to top