Eventbrite’s goal of building the marketplace for live experiences relies on our foundation of world-class talent and unbeatable company culture. Hiring top talent in some of the most competitive markets globally is no easy task, but we have a creative and dedicated team who has helped Eventbrite scale to over 1,000 Britelings in 12 countries over the past 10 years.
We’re looking for a Director - North America Talent Acquisition who can connect Eventbrite’s vision, mission and story to inspire, coach and mentor the Talent team and evolve Eventbrite’s recruiting processes. Our SF team is the hub of support for our global offices, meaning we need a leader who can effectively work cross-functionally with leaders across the globe.
Eventbrite Talent Acquisition strives to attract and retain top talent, create a diverse workplace and build rewarding careers. Our values are deeply rooted in building a strong employment brand and creating delightful candidate and hiring manager experiences. We believe people are our greatest asset and the talent we attract drives the success of Eventbrite.
Our Talent Acquisition team is tight-knit, quick-moving, and fun-loving. We believe recruiting should be a company-wide effort, candidate experience comes first, and that hiring should be based on relationships and not transactions. Each member of our team is invested in telling our company’s story, building our brand, and establishing new processes that challenge the traditional and often dated methods of recruiting.
As the Director - North America Talent Acquisition you will be responsible for developing and refining talent strategies for our various business units, including employment branding, talent channel development, candidate engagement and assessment as well as metrics and analytics. You will be a transformative leader focused on driving innovation and operational efficiencies within the talent organization. You will work alongside the Global Head of Talent Acquisition to build a world-class TA organization for North America.
- Develop implement and refine recruiting strategies to attract and hire top quality talent for Eventbrite with a commitment to diverse hiring practices
- Lead, manage and develop the talent acquisition team, building out the team to achieve the company's recruiting priorities and driving a high level of performance
- Be a creative thinker tasked with building innovative programs from the ground up
- Develop and lead through comprehensive recruiting metrics measuring OKRs
- Question the status quo and pioneer practices to improve process, realize efficiencies and drive effectiveness
- Develop strong working relationships and partnerships with internal departments and stakeholders around the globe
- Champion the Briteling experience and ensure cultural consistency as the company grows and scales
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
THE SKILL SET
- Proven people management and leadership skills: you know how to build, mentor and grow a team of world-class recruiters across multiple functional areas
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis
- Experience working in a multi-national, high-tech and entrepreneurial environment where you have helped rollout and champion global TA processes
- Excellent communication and cultural awareness skills
- Play “eagle and mouse”: strategic thinking, yet focused on execution and can get into the tactical when required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 10 years HR/TA experience that includes at least 5 years leading a talent acquisition function and team
- You have experience with managing remote employees
- You have Tech industry experience
- You are passionate about and proven experience in tracking and systematically improving candidate quality
- You are a whiz at sourcing the best passive candidates in competitive markets and share the secrets of your craft with those around you
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records