Director - People Operations
Over the past 10 years, the Eventbrite team has grown from a small but mighty group in San Francisco to a global community of 1,000 employees in over 10 countries. We are scaling our People Operations team to support our domestic and international expansion, and continue our investment in our #1 asset: our people (our “Britelings”).
We are looking for a Director, People Operations to lead our People Operations team and help design and drive our people programs, processes, systems, and tools to ensure scalability and efficiency. You are super process-oriented, love to drive change within an organization, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Eventbrite’s People Operations team is dedicated to creating and delivering an exceptional Briteling experience at every stage of the employee lifecycle with efficient and seamless people processes, policies, systems, and programs. We strive to remove barriers and provide the tools needed to help our Britelings develop and thrive. We’ve built a team culture that is unparalleled and we’re committed to elevating our own bar of excellence.
We are looking for a Director, People Operations to help support our Britelings and drive operational excellence, efficiency and performance. Reporting into the Head of HR who also oversees our Business Partners globally, you will lead a team that plays an integral part of our larger Briteling Experience function which includes: Business Partners, People Operations, Recruiting, Learning and Development, Program Management, IT, and Facilities. You will partner with cross functional teams from Payroll, Accounting, IT, Recruiting, and Business Partners. You will leverage your broad HR experience in systems and project management to continuously improve our technology solutions and operations.
- Lead and manage a growing team responsible for managing the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle (onboarding, transfers, performance cycles, leaves of absence and offboarding). Our People Operations team also acts as the first point of contact for HR related concerns for both employees and managers.
- Lead global people operations systems roadmap and self-service strategy to support long-term and service delivery goals, and ensure the highest levels of data management and accuracy for all HR Systems. Eventbrite uses Workday as our core HRIS and HCM solution so this is a great opportunity for someone with Workday experience to fully leverage the power of Workday to elevate our HR processes and service delivery.
- Own HR compliance and assess readiness in close partnership with legal and finance on everything from EEO-1 filings, 5550s, OSHA, Wage and Hour laws, etc.
- Partner with the HR Business Partners to design and execute company-wide performance management programs, feedback, promotion, and compensation cycles, as well as other critical people programs.
- Partner closely with our Total Rewards team, helping refine and implement our global compensation strategies and programs.
- Play instrumental role in helping drive the coordination of global people operations execution across our 15 global offices.
- Improve processes and drive requirements for additional improvements to eliminate manual processes.
- Train team members on new technology and process updates to ensure competency in Workday and HR related processes as well as policy and program compliance.
- Build a metrics driven organization. Lead the development of the HR reporting and analytics function to support effective decision making and business needs. Develop key operational metrics and dashboards for the team and monitor key performance metric scores.
- Hire, onboard, coach and mentor team members, playing an active role in developing expertise.
- Provide HR/People Operations support and guidance on special projects such as acquisition integration and IPO readiness.
THE SKILL SET
- 10+ years of progressive experience in HR.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, high quality operational HR programs, processes and systems globally, in high tech companies of 750+ employees with at least 5-10 international locations.
- People management experience and strong leadership ability.
- Ability to influence, engage, and partner closely with appropriate business partners across all levels of the organization in planning, change management and conflict resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Collaborative work style - team player with low-ego.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Outstanding analytical, project management, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Can-do, make it happen attitude.
- Passion for Eventbrite.
- BA or BS degree.
- Experience working for a publicly traded company, and/or having gone through the IPO process
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top