Director of Product - Payments
Payments, transactional systems and the user experience associated with them are at the core of Eventbrite’s global product, and our ability to manage millions of transactions seamlessly and securely is critical to our business. We are searching for a product leader to shape the vision of our payments experience, from helping consumers across the world purchase tickets seamlessly to enabling music venues to access funds easily and quickly.
You’ll be leading a team of talented Product Managers who focus on building financial products that are simple, robust, and leverage the capabilities of the best payment processing partners available globally. You’ll be charged with owning all the systems that enable our event creators to run their business on our platform which spans payment processing, pricing & tax, risk & fraud, payouts and more.
A successful candidate will be a creative and technical thinker, one who thrives on interesting complicated challenges and is comfortable with ambiguity and building new products from the ground up. You are a thoughtful and experienced people leader who derives satisfaction from helping their team grow and develop and set standards for our product organization.
You’ll define a clear vision & strategy and support your product team in understanding customer pain points, develop strong roadmaps and executing on them. You are expected to work cross-functionally with leaders across the organization and collaborate with peer product leaders and engineers, as well as partners in accounting, legal, and operations
THE SKILL SET
- Minimum 8 years of experience in product management, preferably with experience working in payments or on other marketplace platforms
- Passionate and knowledgeable about payments, with strong technical level understanding
- Balance strong bias for action with deep experience driving product alignment across multiple stakeholders
- Passion for building innovative products that solve user needs through deep understanding of the customer and finding product market fit
- Understand user needs, respond to tight deadlines, and deliver products that drive key business metrics
- Minimum 3 years experience in direct team management with a proven track record of building and retaining high performing product management teams
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making
- Ability to influence team members across all departments and levels of the organization
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- 4-year degree BS/BA in a technical, business or other analytical field required
- Former experience with e-commerce marketplaces or payments companies
- Experience as an event organizer
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top