Director, Investor Relations
As Eventbrite’s Head of Investor Relations, you will be responsible for developing our proactive investor relations strategy and shaping our narrative to ensure that the company’s business strategy and financial prospects are fully understood by the analyst and investor community.
Reporting to the CFO, you will partner closely with our CEO, CFO and executive team to create and execute the investor relations strategy. The company's finance and legal teams will support and rely on you, and you will be responsible for building the Investor Relations team over time.
As Head of Investor Relations, you will own Eventbrite's IR strategy. This includes:
HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Overseeing the quarterly earnings cycle, including preparation of our prepared remarks and press release, potential analyst Q&A, regulatory filings and other related materials, as well as setting dates/times, conference call administration, follow-up calls/meetings, working in conjunction with Finance, Legal, Communications and outside parties
- Developing the overall investor outreach strategy, focused particularly on direct engagement with target investors
- Educating investors about Eventbrite and responding to investor inquiries in person and over the phone, 1:1 and in group settings
- Synthesizing investor feedback, sentiment and questions for the benefit of the company's executives, Board and Communications teams, and helping to frame potential responses and/or disclosures to address concerns or uncertainties
- Managing Eventbrite’s investor relations website and preparation of relevant presentations and publications
- Tracking shareholder ownership trends, investor regulatory filings, and managing stock surveillance as appropriate
- Maintaining awareness and expertise regarding peer company and sector developments, including coverage of comparable company analysis, benchmarking and peer-company earnings reviews
- Partnering on any special projects including capital markets, corporate development and various other corporate events
- Developing an appropriately prioritized sell-side engagement strategy, including analyst meetings and broker conferences
- Lead preparation for non-deal roadshows without banker support, including preparation of calendars, materials, and senior executive readiness
THE SKILL SET
- 5-10 years of experience in investor relations, sell-side research and/or investment banking within the technology sector
- Strong analytical skills, including highly proficient financial modeling skills and understanding of valuation concepts used by investors and analysts
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing abilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
- Possess a strong understanding of financial statements as well as the markets
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, multitask and deliver quality work under pressure
- Attention to detail and the highest standards for accuracy and precision
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet proficiency
- Bachelor's degree required
- Direct experience as an investor or part of an investment team
- MBA or equivalent
- Ability to educate the company and team about the capital markets
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top