No matter the touchpoint, the Brand Communication design team is tasked to create rich, engaging designs and ensure a cohesive branded experience for every user. We are constantly evolving the Eventbrite brand, and you will be pivotal in helping the design team execute our visual system within the production of marketing campaigns and supporting material. Our Brand Communication designers have a very strong foundation in traditional graphic design, including print design, branding, and typography, as well as digital skillsets such as coding. These skills are used to create highly engaging pieces of content for our audience to experience and interact with, and create meaningful and long lasting relationships with our users. This role provides a unique opportunity for a leader to help the design team have a big impact on our global marketing presence, and have the work shared with millions of users.
The Brand Communications team is a tight knit team of designers split between San Francisco and Mendoza. We collaborate across Marketing, HR, Sales, and Support to deliver impactful and innovative creative projects for campaigns and events that span traditional, social and digital channels. Our team is responsible for bringing the brand’s visual language to life and creating a deep and meaningful relationship between Eventbrite and our users. We ensure every touchpoint, whether it be an external marketing campaign or a single website page has a delightful and memorable experience with the Eventbrite brand. You can read about our most recent Brand evolution process here - Eventbrite Design: An evolutionary process
The Design Manager will oversee our internal creative team in Mendoza, as well as any external creative agencies and freelancers, throughout the entire creative process. We’re looking for a leader; a mentor; a passionate design professional.You will report directly to the Creative Director in San Francisco, guiding our Mendoza creative team to achieve outstanding performance, and will direct compelling and memorable design campaigns that solve our business goals. As the Design Manager you will act as a brand champion, working closely with internal stakeholders to move rapidly from concept to launch; from testing through iteration. Your main responsibility will be managing and supporting the team, however there may be opportunities from time to time to get more hands on with projects. Lastly, you will also help the team collaborate closely with the Product Designers to make sure that our brand experience, through our visual language, is cohesive from beginning to end.
THE SKILL SET
- 6–8 years of constantly evolving design skills in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience managing other designers
- Experience conducting regular reviews and career development with other designers
- Excellent knowledge of print, layout, typography and brand theory
- Proven record of delivering compelling and memorable campaigns that are designed to match business goals
- Ability to help designers manage client expectations from beginning to final delivery
- Experience participating in design critiques, helping your team members constantly improve
- Ability to collaborate with User Experience, Product Design, Product Managers, and Marketers on brainstorming and other ideation sessions
- Ability to coach other designers and provide inspiration on projects
- Help create strong relationships between the Design team and other departmental leads to improve the quality of the work and the efficiency of the process
- Experience advocating Design across the company
- Coding knowledge, anything from HTML & CSS all the way to Javascipt and React.js
- Previous Brand Design Agency experience
ABOUT EVENTBRITEEventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.