Design Lead, Platform
At Eventbrite, we aim to deliver groundbreaking event creator tools and attendee experiences throughout the world. We’re looking for an experienced designer to lead the design process for the Platform team — from problem definition to design implementation.
The Eventbrite Brand team is a centralized, multi-disciplinary group of strategist, designers,researchers and makers, who work across product groups and functions to bring our mission to life inside and outside of the product. Our designers are specialists within our individual products, as well as our areas of expertise. Partnering with Product Managers, Engineers and other functions, we conceptualize and craft designs for experiences that will define the success of our business and our brand for the future.
As Design Lead you will be a hands-on ‘player-coach’ working with a small team of Product Designers and User Researchers to guide design activities within the Platform business unit. Responsibilities range from our financial systems for our organizers all the way to the development tools we leverage internally and externally, including Eventbrite’s design system.
As a technical leader (people management resides with Design Directors) you will coach the designers on your team, helping them focus on the user and make sure they’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the end-to-end user experience and brand expression of the product, ensuring that user needs are understood, business objectives are clear, design solutions are appropriate, and quality is high. In addition to working on your own design projects you’ll give feedback in design critiques, guiding your team through challenges and making strategic decisions with your peers in Product and Engineering.
- Grasp the big picture design vision set by design leadership and work with cross-functional peers to shape and communicate a corresponding design strategy and compelling vision for your business unit
- Lead the design process for your business unit—from problem definition to design implementation, ensuring research and validation are integrated at each step in the process
- Deliver project work, from research through creation of design specifications
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and “just work” for our users
- Work closely with design leadership and fellow leads to ensure a cohesive user experience across our entire product ecosystem
- Act as the point of escalation for any design-related issues within your business unit
THE SKILL SET
- A portfolio of successfully shipped products users love, created by you or a team you led
- 10+ years of designing digital application technologies, including responsive web and native iOS/Android app design
- A proven user-centered design approach to designing products for people
- Extensive knowledge of design system best practices and past success introducing processes that enable efficiencies
- Demonstrated experience leading across the entire design discipline spectrum, from analytical (User Experience) to expressive (Brand)
- Experience facilitating discussions and exercises with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Self-aware teammate with highly developed emotional intelligence
- Ability to clearly set and juggle priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Consistently demonstrate good judgement. Able to make decisions at the right level, and escalate issues to design leadership as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, including prior experience communicating to senior-level executives
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Back to top